Author Topic: Demo report: Contact 4x4; Contact Cross Ti; Progressor 9+; Mach 3  (Read 949 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
John, you are familiar with both the Progressor and the Icon 80....how would you compare the two? Are there any qualities that the Icon has that would recommend it over the Progressor? Having skied the latter, the only thing I can possibly think of that would improve that ski is a quieter, more silky-smooth running character.? But honestly, that seems to be gilding the lilly, as it such a good ski.? I'll accept a bit of liveliness in compromise to all the other good qualities.  Is the Icon worth a look, in your opinion?

As a side comment, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Progressors handled soft snow, crud and tracked out snow (pushed around soft clumps).? They just sailed clean through with nary a hiccup, whereas my Supershapes would have been far more work to keep them stable and on course.? That quality alone makes me question the need for a wider ski, knowing that I have the Mythics in the quiver when I really need some float.

BTW, the Icon 80 is getting rave reviews in the German/Swiss/Austrian media and forums.? I speak German, and have been checking out their reviews and forum posts.? Nothing but very positive words over there.? Ski Canada magazine also gave it a great review.? But I have yet to see a single pair on the slopes here on this continent.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:19:12 pm by Svend »