Author Topic: Your Ski Equip. Awakening?  (Read 498 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Your Ski Equip. Awakening?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 08:27:29 pm »
Just a minor correction. I feel confident that your Wateas Jim are actually a 176cm length. The 84 comes in 176 and 184. Since I know that you always buy the second longest length you must own them in a 176.

Glad you got it sorted out and that you are enjoying the Wateas.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 08:51:15 am »
Just a minor correction. I feel confident that your Wateas Jim are actually a 176cm length. The 84 comes in 176 and 184. Since I know that you always buy the second longest length you must own them in a 176.

Glad you got it sorted out and that you are enjoying the Wateas.

You are correct (on the length and the second longest guideline).

And they are a great ski for me.? I've skied them in sun baked cement at SnowBasin last year and in 30+" of powder that same week at Canyons and Deer Valley.? They hold very well on hard surfaces, they carve arcs, but are still soft enough to flex and help me as I try to learn to ski off-piste.? My real ski awakening a few years ago was that softer skis are better as long as you don't ski so fast to overwhelm the ski.? The Watea 84 is a better choice for me than the Watea 94 for that reason.? If I ever get confident enough to ski powder faster, then the Watea 84 might not work so well, but I ain't there yet.

I was a little bit concerned at Aspen about Perry skiing off the mountain and taking them home.? He seemed to like them a bit as well.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:59:15 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 01:25:51 pm »
I agree on the Watea 84. It is a very nice do almost everything ski that is quite forgiving. I agree that it carves very well for an 84mm wiasted ski. It also skis well off piste. The major issue is when you push it on or off piste it's just too soft. Mine got detsroyed in Montana and the rocks, but with medium or poor coverage they are my every day skis and I still like them.

Perry

• 6+ Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 03:47:48 pm »

I was a little bit concerned at Aspen about Perry skiing off the mountain and taking them home.? He seemed to like them a bit as well.

True that ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  If there had been any bugs, I would have caught some in my teeth.  Most fun ski of the week for me.