Author Topic: It's Ron and Alices fault  (Read 863 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: It's Ron and Alices fault
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 08:20:09 am »
Guys,
Saturday Night Live lives! __________ you ignorant ****. :o

I'm a little confused.

Kastle makes a RX70 which is roughly the equal of the Progressor 9. I demo'd the RX70 at 170, very nice ski with all the feedback of it's big brothers the 78 and 88. Make no mistake, that ski leaves RR tracks in a tighter radius than the 78. Is there really any dispute about turning radius on a groomer between a 70 and 78 ski made by Fischer or Kastle?

Skiing the 78 may approach the feedback and feeling of a 70. Gary, make your best 78 turns on a steep groomer, give Alice a camera and ask her take pics of your tracks taken from below. See what it tells you.

In John's photo's it is very difficult to make an objective assessment of the slope. The fact that it's groomed suggests something less steep and we don't see super steep pitches groomed much. If John states it's really steep, I'm not going to quibble about slope and I respect the tracks.

In Ron's photo's the steepness is more obvious, but, there are no RR tracks.? I remember last week in Targhee, the team dropped into a steep called "The Good". Nobody left RR tracks there, but, it was bumped up. If it were groomed, I still don't think I would have seen RR tracks. Ron, next time your at the Boat, take a pic of your tracks on a any steep groomer and compare them to Johns. Somehow, I don't think your trying to say the turning radius will be matched.

Say what you will, side by side, real time comparisons are the only way to know. Let's chill a little.

What the team needs is a bonding session in Big Sky. That area is the only one I'd abandon JH to ski.

Not to belabor this but" the good" was not steep maybe a 20-25 degree, the "The Bad" (the steepest) was maybe 35 for the first 10 feet, then it mellows quickly to sweet piled knee-depp snow. It's not steep. I can't take a shot at Steamboat of anything close ot 40 degrees beacuse there aren't any- maybe in the pioneer ridge by the chutes but there are no goromed runs above 30  so unless you have really skied a 40 degree line...., can we be done with this?   Mike, take the drop in your picture and imagine a sustained pitch (not 20-30 feet but 50-60 or more) of that degree- get it?

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2010, 09:25:04 am »
Guys....there's no further point to prove here....we're all going to have an opinion on how one skis steep slopes and what those slopes look like...it's irrelevant....JB rips no questions about it.

If I say I can make tracks,...RR tracks on my JJ's at 115 underfoot....I know I can but I know I can on moderate carpet slopes...but maybe someone can make the same tracks on gigunda icy slopes.

Who gives a rats tush....

Unless you ski with someone and see where, what, and how they ski, all info becomes subjective.

I never ever ever thought 78 underfoot could turn as quick as it does....doesn't make sense to me but it does.......4 me. I don't plan on making a point of going out and making video's to post here. Many of you whom I've skied with...Greg, Lynn, Jim, Ron, Mike, Phil, Trish, Svend, Perry, Brendan know what I can do with skis and what I can't.

Good skiing is just good skiing....and all skiing is fun....let's keep it that way!

I just believe in never say never...the technology in new gear just keeps making my life sweeter!

Best,
G

gregmerz

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2010, 10:11:50 am »
I am entirely familiar with your behavior...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2010, 11:46:25 am »
IT JUST NEVER GETS OLD!  sweet

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2010, 12:37:45 pm »

Many of you whom I've skied with...Greg, Lynn, Jim, Ron, Mike, Phil, Trish, Svend, Perry, Brendan know what I can do with skis and what I can't.

Welll, that's true.? I haven't seen it myself, but I believe Ron when he says you are unequalled in your ability clump yellow snow on his skis.? ?>:D
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 12:38:54 pm »
gesh....it's like a piece of toilet paper that sticks to your shoe....just can't seem to shake it.

Still cracks me up! ? ?;D

45 degrees and down the hatch!.... >:D

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 01:03:13 pm »

Many of you whom I've skied with...Greg, Lynn, Jim, Ron, Mike, Phil, Trish, Svend, Perry, Brendan know what I can do with skis and what I can't.

Welll, that's true.? I haven't seen it myself, but I believe Ron when he says you are unequalled in your ability clump yellow snow on his skis.? ?>:D

This i can tell you is true! But anything above 35 degrees and the clumps will throw your balance swinging the boards around.....

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 03:14:17 pm »
I pay no attention to z clumps....zay are my friends....my skis are razors....zay cut through z clumps.

Balance...like a cat....i know zis, i believe zis, u want zis!

::)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:24:01 am by Gary »

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2010, 04:59:31 pm »
OK sports fans, for your amusement only.

The link below is a Harald Harb youtube run on Pallavicini at Arapahoe Basin.

The Palli headwall approaches 40 degress, that's not the whole run. Google the run and there are several links that verify the steepness. Does it look like 40 degrees on video? Honestly, I don't think so.

I did go down it once, not sure if I'd do it again. Oh, and I did not look anything like the skier in the video.

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2010, 08:13:46 pm »
We have come full circle.

IT IS ALL RON'S FAULT! ;D ;) >:D

The only question is: WHERE'S ALICE??
 ;D ;D ;D

P.S.  Hello Alice!
"Play it Sam"

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 06:30:30 am »
Lynn,

Do you think the Kastle's will rock as much at Big Sky?

If the team goes there, we can say it "midwif's fault" ;D

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 07:32:49 am »
That's sweet skiing Mike....nice video post...all the elements of great skiing ungroomed, great snow and steep pitch.

Lynn...Alice is basking in her great skiing experience the past 2 weeks......we hope to be back on the snow Saturday....we've got lake effect snow hitting our area...very nice.  ;D

Hey..having only tried the MX78's, I know they will rock at any mountain...question is...

Can we get Lynn to demo a pair....?  >:D

OK gang...got the annual outing at Holiday Valley and Hollimont this Sun Mon and Tues...anyone in the area.....come join us. They too are getting lake effect snow with maybe some pow skiing with the big boards....now that would be nice and rare...we will see!

Best,
G

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2010, 07:51:58 am »
Lynn almost demo'ed a pair of FX 74 Kastles at Snowmass.
The fact the shop never called to confirm and the $60 price tag kept me from aggressively pursuing
the demo!

Oh, and the price tag attached to those babies was a bit daunting. Do you think my daughter would mind going part time for a semester so I can have a pair??? ::)

I would GLADLY shoulder the burden of it being "ALL MY FAULT" were a group Kastles with skiers Alice, Mike, Gary and ETC, ETC attached, were to gather at BIG SKY at my behest. ;D

How about a ad hoc committee forming to begin planning for next year? (or is that a steering committee)

L.

"Play it Sam"

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2010, 08:16:52 am »

OK gang...got the annual outing at Holiday Valley and Hollimont this Sun Mon and Tues...anyone in the area.....come join us. They too are getting lake effect snow with maybe some pow skiing with the big boards....now that would be nice and rare...we will see!

Anyone in the area of HV???? It's only 400 miles from anywhere.

Love to G were it closer. Not driving into "lake effect". Did a day at Blue, the rain/thaw/refreeze has done it's dirtywork. I will say that it was nice to ski in sunshine for the first two hours.

L,
They say hurricanes start when a bird flaps its wings in Africa. The Big Sky experience may be fluttering in the wind.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 08:47:12 am »
Well Lynn...I did not know that you almost tried a pair of Kastle....that's closer than never considering to try a pair.

Maybe Big Sky will be your momment that single fragment of time you slip into something Austrian and let them fly......you must keep us posted if that day happens.

Oh Lynn.....I do understand the colledge delimea....ours are finally done....and that splains a bunch.

Mike...gesh...only 400 miles....it's upstated finest lake effect snow...get in your private jet and get up here.

G