Author Topic: Decision time - Dynastar 8000 vs Watea 78 vs Head iM78  (Read 643 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Decision time - Dynastar 8000 vs Watea 78 vs Head iM78
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:19:02 am »

With respect to wider skis, i.e. 88's & above, I believe that you have to be true to yourself in ski selection. I'm a east coast skier and a "turner" rather than a higher speed GS skier like Philpug. My other skis are Supershapes, so, the IM78 will come to Jackson Hole in January. I'll accept that they may not be the perfect ski if we get a lot of snow, but, I really value knowing how a ski will perform in all conditions. I'll take the devil I know rather than the unknown into tough conditions found in JH.

Ron is a good example of staying true to what he wants to accomplish on skis. He's left the more traditional widths to support what he wants to accomplish in off piste western skiing.

Perhaps my main point is that once you pick a ski, it's really about learning how to make it work for you. I've found my first impressions of skis modified as I've my time on them increased. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but, you just have to experience it to find out. Last year, I changed my golf irons. I tried out the new clubs several times and was impressed enough to make the switch, but, it still took me months to own and trust them automatically.

Very well said LP.
And damn it feels good to be talking about skis and skiing rather than golf and biking.
But not as good and Ron (and now Gary) who are already skiing.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:51:14 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."