Author Topic: Decision time - Dynastar 8000 vs Watea 78 vs Head iM78  (Read 645 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Decision time - Dynastar 8000 vs Watea 78 vs Head iM78
« on: September 08, 2009, 06:03:55 pm »

That is a roster of rather excellent skis.  Not first hand experience, but I've heard that the Watea 78 is aimed at lighter skiers so you might check and see if you can validate that.  I have the iM78 as well as a Watea 84 and I find that I have wound up enjoying (and using) the Watea 84 more than the iM78 because I like the lighter and livelier feeling of the Watea.  I'm 5'11" and 190.  The Dynastar has been a perennial favorite for a long time.  Also, the Dynastar Contact 4x4 was a new ski last year (I think) that was reviewed really well (but with a 75mm waist vs. the 78-80 of the others).

I think the iM78 will feel more damp than the Dynastar 8000, so if you like the feel of the Intuitives then the 8000 may be the better choice.  Don't believe there is a bad decision in the whole group.

Did you see Peter's comment on the Dynastar Contact 4x4 that said the the Dynastar Sultan 85 may be one of the few new skis that is actually worth waiting for.  Most of the other really good skis are unchanged from last year.

"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."