Author Topic: Head 2007 XRC1200  (Read 264 times)

buck

Head 2007 XRC1200
« on: December 10, 2006, 08:44:30 pm »
I skied my 07 Head XRC's (177cm) over the weekend, what an awesome ski! This is my new favorite, they do it all. Long turns, short turns, versatile, stable, grip, easy and relatively forgiving. Must important is the fun factor, I had a blast! They will change radius in mid-turn and work great on hard or soft snow. I much preferred them to both the Supershape and Supershape Speeds.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Barrettscv

Re: Head 2007 XRC1200
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 05:00:47 am »
Hi Buck,

Congrats on the new gear. The current 1200 is very interesting; the 69mm waist and 15.6 meter sidecut should make this ski the most versatile laminate construction/race-carver available.

Where and what conditions were you skiing? Does the ski feel damp or lively? Could you contrast the ski with the Fischer WC RC?

Cheers,

Michael

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 05:23:53 am »
thats great but this is not a crud  or powder ski. I thought that's what you wanted?

buck

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 07:40:54 am »
Ron, I bought the Stockli Stormrider XL's for crud and moderate powder. The XRC 1200 is more an every day high speed ripper, with its wider waste it offers some versatility and added stability. Its a great ski, if I could only own one ski for where I live in the Midwest, this would be it!

buck

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 08:12:29 am »
Hi Michael, the XRC 1200 and Worldcup RC's are both great skis, if I could only have one it would be a tough call. The XRC has a much higher fun factor, lighter, livelier and quicker feel than the RC while remaining stable and providing a ton of grip. You can rip both SL and GS turns with no problem on the XRC and change shapes in mid turn. The RC has a more solid and damp feeling but with the new Flow Flex plate its somewhat livelier than the universal plate of the past. Its also makes it easier to initiate turns and  vary your turn shapes while adding forgiveness. My plan is to ski the XRC every day, its just funner and with the wider waste more versatile. the RC which could easily be my every day ski will be used primarily as my beer league race ski, it holds better in a turn and eats up ruts, more secure feeling. I tested the XRC on early morning hard pack on a GS course (minus the gates), which 50 degree temps turned to soft ice covered with a couple of inches of mashed potato's by mid-afternoon.