Author Topic: Thermix boot heaters; feedback please  (Read 583 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Thermix boot heaters; feedback please
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 07:43:42 am »
FWIW, a 6 year old boot that was origianlly fit and intended for a skier that has greatly improved, coupled with huge improvements in boot desing and performance means Lynn should be looking for a killer deal on new boots..... You need to get out of those boots your in. I repsectfully strongly disageree that boots should be stiff and uncomfortable, the old design is gone, almost all boots are now designed with the hinge points equal and lowered ( an old issue of HH's which was IMHO correct) but this is no longer the case. next time you are in a shop, slip on a couple different pairs and see the difference. Personally, a Dalbello Storm, lotus or Karizma would be a great boot choice but there are others. Super warm and confortable, soft/medium flex with the ability to customize, flex, lean and more. Excellent lateral stability. It's not a race boot but who needs a race boot?

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 10:18:11 am »
Well, I must admit that makes sense.
The boots I have did become easier to get out of after the first week but
I would not mind boots that are a bit more comfortable over all.

It is true that I do not tolerate foot discomfort much. Small friction drives me crazy. I almost always need to "break" shoes and sandals in.
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 11:16:42 am »
cool! Yes, no need to torture the dogs. There are a lot of great boots out there. I also like the Head boots & Solis. Nordie's and Atomics are very close to each other. For that matter, almost all boots are made within a stones throw to each other in Italy. I am partial to the Dalbello's for the 3 buckle design and ID liner performance. The ankle pockets are usually a little wide but a donut on the ankle and a properly molded liner took care of that issue.? The ID's dont really pack in either, once they are set, they don't really loosen much, if at all.

Bottom line, you are not the same skier you were 6 years ago, or as you were last season (you are hugely better) and boots have changed dramatically.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:49:17 am by Ron »

Glenn

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 09:25:44 am »
My wife has these heaters and they work great. We had an issue with the batteries not holding a charge, but the company sent us a new set for nothing.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 12:14:51 pm »
Hots or Thermix? I have heard very good things about hotronics Customer service.

Glenn

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 10:37:45 am »
Ooops! Sorry..she has the Thermix.