Author Topic: Thermix boot heaters; feedback please  (Read 607 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Thermix boot heaters; feedback please
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:53:42 pm »
Hey Lynn....

I have to share my story with my new boots just purchased and taken to BC and Vail this past month.  My previous Head RS80's received lots of blowing out, grinding, and sanding my fingers to the bone for fine tuning and by the end of the 2nd season, they were almost 90% perfect and that's averaging over 50 days each season.

After 4 seasons in the boots, the slop was noticeable, the wear too was there. I noticed the newer boot designs were more anatomically shaped to the foot. I had such good fit (eventually) with my Heads and the performance was perfect, I decided to purchase another Head boot with the thoughts of agony in breaking them in, grinding, punching out, blowing out, sanding out...I was not looking forward to that all over again. So out I went to Colorado with 2 pairs of boots.

I purchased the Raptor LTD and it was 4mm smaller that my RS 80. When I put the boot on I said, this thing fits like it was made for my foot and that was without the liner in the boot. Very comfortable and even fit all around the fore foot, ankle and upper cuff....things were looking up.

I put the boots on and headed for my first day of skiing BC....6" of wet powder. Believe me when I say, I couldn't believe how right out of the box these boots fit and felt on my feet. After the first day, I knew I had to soften the boot so I pulled out the rear plugs and had some of the inner cuff cut down. The only other thing I had to do was sand above the top of my right 2nd toe...lightly...and BINGO....the boots were done....perfecto... fit like a glove and I love the performance. The flex is much more even than the RS 80's and the fit...is right on.

I'm hoping for you that whatever boot you find, given the newer designs in anatomical shapes, you'll have the same kind of experience I had. I know what you went through with your fitting and medevil torture.....maybe the latest and greatest in boots will be your knights in shinning armor!

Best,
Gary