Author Topic: Pray Tell!  (Read 131 times)

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
Pray Tell!
« on: April 16, 2009, 09:03:47 am »
About the trip this past weekend??
Comprehensive details please, for those of us who must
survive on others tales of ski adventures. :D
"Play it Sam"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Pray Tell!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 11:02:07 am »
http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/83500/vail-monday-4-13-powder

this is for monday, 4/13.  I will get back to you with more Beaver Creek details but lots of powder, trees and fun!

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Pray Tell!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 11:03:26 am »
We woke Easter AM hoping for some great snow. We hit all the sites and Beaver Creek was showing 6" so we decided to head on up. Greg did all the driving and did a great job of not only navigating but finding the best parking and access at Bc and Vail!  Epic has a wealth of info! PLUS Greg used his PSIA card we got a nice $30 discount on tickets, SAWEET! It was the beav's final day.  I spoke with a patroller and learned there it was more like 8-10" at the top!  Yeee-haaaa. We headed up centenial but the visibility was terrible looking up from Mid-mountain so we worked the front-side down. It was before 9 and we were getting fresh tracks in fairly heavy snow. Still very nice. Skied there for a while adjusting to my fatties and then headed over to Larkspur bowl for some more fun stuff. We hit that for a couple of runs then hit the bump runs to the right, THese were big, snow covered bumps that had some nice pitch. We had a blast charging those, as a note, the Hellbents were especially good in that kind of terrain. Had an extremely expensive lunch, ouch, I forgot how expensive the Beav' is!! After lunch, I skied some pretty sweet tree runs! Very nice, I have a very cool helmet cam but are cant seem to get them loaded correctly at the Vholdr site. I will work on it.