Author Topic: Architects needed -- building a quiver  (Read 548 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Architects needed -- building a quiver
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2009, 08:31:33 pm »
.....the Viking is headed to The Rockies next week
Yup, going there for work...hope to ski Sunshine Mtn. or Lake Louise for at least one day.? One of the sweetest perks this job gives me? :) :) :)
Actually, just talked to someone out in Alberta today, and they're getting one snowstorm after another --- awesome! At least there's somewhere in Canada that still has snow.

In case anyone didn't catch it, Terryl just got a pair of skis delivered yesterday -- Dynastar Exclusive Legend Powder, 08 model, like new condition, pampered and babied by a shop in Banff that is famous for it's meticulous tuning.? These should be fantastic skis -- 85 mm underfoot, 165 cm long, soft shovel, firm tail with lots of springiness, great torsional stiffness, same construction as my Mythics -- cap fore and aft, sidewall midsection (an interesting build which seems to have considerable merits).? Nothing but rave reviews from all the ladies who've skied it (and some male testers, too!)

But, poor Terryl -- she'll have to look at them wistfully all spring, summer and fall.? But we'll only need a 50 lb bag if she actually catches one of the danglers -- if I make the pole long enough, we'll save a lot of money on carrots.? ;D

Well, a consolation is that at least our car has an automatic transmission, so the "therapy" of doing 90 mph (that's 145 kph up here) in 4th gear isn't gonna happen.? ?;D ;D? Though doubtless that pesky "S" button (S = sport mode) in the middle of the shift lever will get plenty of action.....and I'll be shopping for new turbocharger before long..... ::)
Ooops...forgot about the tiptronic shifter....I guess we do have a 4th gear....rats!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:34:32 pm by Svend »

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 09:15:09 am »
Hope you'll be sinking some skis in that Canadian powder Mr. Viking sir....I mean I know you'll have to take it on the chin from the rest of us but wow....opportunity.

And Terryl....like I said...still snow in NY and looks like snow is predicted for HV this Sunday...still might have a chance before the season fizzles out to make some soft buttery turns.

I just can't let go...not yet anyway!  ;D

G

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 02:07:39 pm »
Terryl
Congratulations!!
I saw those skis at the Alta Demo shop and seriously considered taking them out for a spin. Decided it was too late in the day for me though.
VERY PRETTY and, I am sure, excellent performing skis.  ;) ;D
I look forward to reading your review next season.
Lynn
"Play it Sam"

speed163

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2009, 09:53:37 pm »
I almost demoed them in Utah this past Feb.  I regret not having done so.  The young woman in the shop raved about them and said most female skiers that tried them had nothing negative to say. In addition, they were well researched by my personal norseman and trusty cohorts.  Too bad I wasn't traveling out west next week with Svend, as I could try them on their 'home' turf.

Unfortunately, you are right Lynn.  I will have to relay my feedback next season. :'(  Perhaps a coordinating ski ensemble is required to enhance the aesthetics of the skis ?  ;)

This leads me to NY........while The Viking is away, I have no time to play.(more  :'( :'( :'( )  I would love to carve up some GS turns, but I reck'on my fillies need tend'in.  The new ponies will have to remain bridled until they can share some 'tubocharged' slope time with like-minded ski folks. :(.  Until then, I'll have to be content with seasonal ski memories and taunting Svend with the manual shifting option .

Again, thanks to y'all for your input. The best is yet to come.

Giddy-up into spring....summer... ..fall......

Terryl