Author Topic: Waxing....to scrape or not to scrape?  (Read 504 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Waxing....to scrape or not to scrape?
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 08:56:42 pm »
WHy what do you mean....
Well, son...you see, there are the birds, and then there are the bees.  And well, er...sometimes the bees, they don't always buzz like they should, and so they need a little help.  So some of these bees, they pop these little blue pills....and some, well, they drink this White Lightning stuff..... ::)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2009, 08:08:19 am »
Oh "wise father" your wisdom in these matters never ceases to amaze me.....who wudda thunk that the ski connection between the birds and bees is so very relevant in all matters around "waxing ...to scrape or not to scrape"...only a visonary like your self could draw the iconic parallels to this subject matter. I on the other hand am blind to such matters and innocent to such dealings. Teach me....I am however confused how Aleve relates to birds and bees unless they are in so much pain from de-gunking all the time.

I do however understand the need for white lightning...I could use one right now!  ::)

G

Perry

• 6+ Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2009, 08:57:20 am »
White Lightning? OK, now I've heard that term, but not sure what exactly that is.? Could be a NASCAR racer, but sounds more like something that gets distilled in a shed out on the Back 40...lemmee see, some fermented corn mash, boiled and condensed....am I getting close?

I actually have a friend who made the stuff that Junior Johnson used to haul around the mountains of NC with his hotrod whitelighting delivery vehicle.  This is where he was discovered as a great driver.  He brings me a jar of "medicine" several times a year.

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2009, 09:07:59 am »
Great story! So, how does it taste? And please describe medicinal qualities.

Perry

• 6+ Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2009, 09:16:14 am »
The stuff he brings me usually has a peach, cherries, blackberries, strawberries etc in it.  The cherry tastes like cherry Robitussin on steroids with a nice persistent, warm, glowing finish that starts in the stomach, comes up the chest, and finishes in the head.  Kind of like a fruit flavored Jiegermeister (sp?) only 180 proof. :o :o

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2009, 09:57:35 am »
Cool! Sounds like awesome stuff.  My parents do this with clear brandy and vodka -- load it with fruit (wild blueberries, raspberries, whatever....), let steep for a couple of months, and enjoy.  Tastes great....