Author Topic: Yanks Sign CC, Burnett on the Way!!!  (Read 146 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Yanks Sign CC, Burnett on the Way!!!
« on: December 11, 2008, 04:00:08 pm »
What does this have to do with skiing, Zero!! But I am a life long die hard Yankee fan, and unlike many others I have a right to be one. When I was growing up, the Yanks were the worst team in baseball with guys like Hoarce Clark, Gene Micheal, Jerry Kenney, Jake Gibbs, Danny Cater, Roy White, Celerino Sanchez, need I name more!! All my friends were rooting for the Mets who won a Championship when I was 9. I was laughed at for rooting for the Yankees.

I guess for those that already don't like me, this is more fuel for the fire!!

Go Yanks!!!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Yanks Sign CC, Burnett on the Way!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 04:34:22 pm »

On the other hand, we post a LOT of stuff that has nothing to do with skiing.

I'll give you those, I just wish the Orioles would pony up the money to sign Mark Teixeira.  They don't have the dollars of New York and Boston, but they could spend a little bit every now and then.  Think of the impact of "local boy comes back to play for hometown team."  Oh well, pretty sure that won't happen.  Damn   ;D Yankees will probably buy him just so the Red Sox can't.

"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 07:02:25 am »
lets discuss the efects of beaver dams on the local Portland oregon economy

NO BASEBALL TALK PLEASE ;D

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 07:44:50 am »
Phillies had a pretty season this year.

I am a big Yankee fan, but I don't think Hank will be the owner that George was. I still believe every sports team owner should have the desire to win that George had.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 08:57:20 am »
Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Steaks!

I need say no more!

G

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 09:51:20 pm »
Wow, Yanks just signed Burnett!!

Sorry Ron.

Phil, I agree that George was a truly underrated owner. For the fans he always tried to put the best team possible on the field. Obvioulsy he had his faults, but wanting to win every year was not one of them. I do believe that Brian Cashman is a gifted GM and because of the confidence and power the org has given him, the Yanks are on their way back.

Jim, I hate to say it, but I think the orioles have no shot for Texiara. Now that the Yanks have signed the two best pitchers, the Sox pretty much have to answer by signing Texiara.

Montana getting 2 feet over the next 2 days. Tahoe is getting hit with 2-3 feet as well between tomorrow and Tuesday. Winter is finally here!!