Author Topic: Having Problems with the Correct Size For Kastle MX88  (Read 479 times)

CarlG

Having Problems with the Correct Size For Kastle MX88
« on: October 12, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »
I am 54 years old, 5'4" and about 145lbs.  Looking at a pair of the new Kastle MX88's for mostly east coast riding.  They have a 158 and a 168 size that I am not sure what would be best for me.  I normally ski a 160 frontside ski which comes to the top of my head (without boots on).  Therefore, the 158 would be at the top of my forehead and probably middle with boots on while the 168's will be about 3.5 inches above my head.  There is s lot of confusion as to correct sizing for these wide skiis - some say go larger, others say go shorter.  I understand that the longer = more float and better for open terrain, while the shorter is better for trees and tight turns.  The major problem for me is whether the longer ski will be harder for me to handle.  Appreciate any help.  Thanks.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
IMHO- go to the shorter size. There is nothing inbetween?

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts

Separate from whether that is the right ski for the east coast, go shorter of the two.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

CarlG

Ron

There is nothing in-between - they go from 158 - 168.  The 168 will be about 4 inches above my head, but I heard that these are soft and will get better flotation in powder.  Since I have 2 pair of frontside carvers at 160, thought the 168 may be good for my quiver - just concerend over handling skis this large as i never skied on anything larger than a 160!!

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
my .02 is that 4" above your head is too long.

Watchmaker

Having Problems with the Correct Size For Kastle MX88
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 11:10:57 am »
The problems seems to be asynchronous , sometimes is not working . Is there any log to see if this sql server deny a request from my forum ?

The user and password is the correct ones.... I don't understand what happends...