Author Topic: Annother trip to VT  (Read 130 times)

Glenn

Annother trip to VT
« on: September 29, 2008, 06:28:16 am »
I'll upload some pics around lunch.

There was neat fall/wine/taste festival in Dover VT this weekend so my wife and I headed up to that. Condo rates are really reasonable this time of the year so we stayed right on the mountain at Mt. Snow. We brought the bikes along and did a little Mt Biking Sunday AM. The weather held out for us; it was even a bit sunny yesterday when we took the bikes out. We headed up to Manchester for a bit yesterday afternoon. We ended up exploring a lot of random backroads off of Rt 30 on the way home. We even ended up at the old Snow Valley ski area by accident.

Gotta start saving those pennies; we'd love to get a little cabin up there some day.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Glenn

Re: Annother trip to VT
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 06:18:29 am »
Better late than never.... ;D

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:03:16 am »
Great trip report Glann, looks like guys had a fun day. Did you look around for some vintage stuff in that house? Phil needs a mid fat

Glenn

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 09:51:58 am »
LOL! Yeah, I took a look in there...it was trashed inside. I guess this place has been shut since 1982 and the years have taken their toll....and people have as well.

I love exploring old abandoned places though. It was after 5PM and started to rain a bit...so we really couldn't explore that much. I'd love to head back with some better attire and hike around for a few hours. I guess there's an old chair lift a bit away from the lodge. I'd love locate some old equipment too. It would be sweet to have a chair lift chair...or even an old school snow gun to display in the backyard.