Author Topic: Head RS 100..they get stiif when it's cold! How to sften them up?  (Read 362 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Head RS 100...boy, they get stiif when it's cold!!!
« on: December 01, 2006, 07:35:34 am »
Head does make a great boot for sure....obviously, it's got to fit the individuals foot properly.

I went through some grinding, got the foot beds in and just love the performance and response their boots provide. I can understand why you didn't want to leave without those boots.

As I mentioned in the prevoius response...I know with my Salomons I could drill a hole on the rear of the inside cuff down 3 or 4 of inches, then starting at the top of the cuff say about inch wide, make a "V" cut to the drilled hole. I haven't looked lately inside my Heads but sometimes the manufacturer actually puts in a dotted line where this work is done. Now this was the process for my old Salomons.

Is there a good Ski shop where you live? If so, their boot fitter should be able to give you advice on how to do this for Head boots and maybe do the work for you.

You can also get on line at Head.com....call the Head people here in the states. If you decide to do it yourself, they should be able to walk you through it.

If you do it yourself...take it slow and test it out before going softer.

Let me know how it works out.

Best,
Gary