Author Topic: Head RS 100..they get stiif when it's cold! How to sften them up?  (Read 368 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Head RS 100...boy, they get stiif when it's cold!!!
« on: November 30, 2006, 05:19:02 pm »
Adrien, the question is how tall are you? It's really about leverage here. But you're saying they're stiff in the cold, and that's got to be worked out.

Im 5'81/2, 155lbs and ski pair of Head RS80's...and that's why I went with the 80s.

YOu might just need to soften them a bit..some boots they can put a "V"cut on the back of the inner shell. They might drill a small hole at the point they want the "V" cut to stop. Now keep in mind this was the process I went through on a pair of Salomons I had. WIth Heads, there may be a different method.

You can check with your fitter and attemt it yourself but you might be better off having it done if you've never done one before.

I know it can be done. Rest asured, it will make life in th cold much easier if you can get to your "attack" position with out feeling your fighting with a cold boot to get out of the back seat.

Have them do a bit at a time..take them? out and try them in both the warmer and colder temps.

Your patience will pay off and your romantic relationship with your boots will continue unphased!

Best,
Gary