Author Topic: Which All Condition Ski would You Buy?  (Read 1212 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Which All Condition Ski would You Buy?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2006, 07:52:26 am »
Yes, thanks, the new uphill ski. I am not good at analyzing my skiing as far as HH and the gang. IT just happens, One thing I can tell you is that to some extent you are jumping acrtoss the fall line, think Gates but the body goes way out and over before the legs come across.

regarding the stiffness of the ski, yes, that's where a stiff ski is a must. If it's a soft ski, then you better pray the ski bites when you lay your body across the fall line because it will be a quick trip!

Regarding where your ski goes flat,  once you come out of the turn and begin to come across the fall line, your skis are at the flattet point. I beleive HH teaches that this is where you let them float and relax. I know that when I cross the fall line its almost a state of falling. That is to say that I don't feel any pressure against the snow, almost like zero gravity for a second. Hard to explain but I think thats what the float is, the ski are moving from one edge to the other and there really is no resistance.  Gary???????