Author Topic: Lynns new ski choices?  (Read 856 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Lynns new ski choices?
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2008, 07:24:09 am »
Well, I expected a response overnight but I seem to have made it through the night unscathed.? That means that:
1. I am so right that she is speechless.? ??? ??? Lynn speechless, NAH.? (digging the hole deeper)? >:D
2. She was so busy wtih little babies last night that she didn't get on the forum and doesn't know about my post.? ;D
3. She is so upset that she is giving me a cooling down period.? Nah, that doesn't sound like Midwif.
4. Too busy shopping for her son's upcoming wedding to bother with bringing down the Thunder on my head.

I will admit to being a bit disappointed -- I was really just trying to stir up the pot a bit and seemed to have failed.? ?>:D >:D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 07:44:09 am by Gary »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2008, 07:41:38 am »
Jim...I'm thinking she's thinking more guerrilla warfare.....pungi pits, claymore's, you know all that silent but deadly stuff. Last private email I received from her was that she was heading for Special Op's training with some Mountain Division....geez, and I thought it was purely outdoor winter survival....I now believe there maybe more to it...a Jim....how's your supply of Kevlar?

Hmmm....I must say that although Lynn is a lady all the way, she has a passion for skiing that rises above a pair of heels.....I'm betting on the 2nd pair of skis....

Now...is it a western one pair to the mountain or is she have Jim schlep 2?

Best,
Gary

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2008, 08:29:05 am »
Jim, you are my hero!? ?I hereby pledge to buy you a cup of coffee of your choice! (if you are still alive or capable of walking to the starbucks..)

Now you know why the Army and the Veteran's Administration consider me disabled.? Either I am, or I'm about to be.? ;D

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2008, 08:33:58 am »
I have some kevlar now but I don't think it would be a good idea to remove it????

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2008, 01:24:30 pm »

Gary:?

Here is what I think, based on the above and having seen what good tastes Lynn has in clothes.

In Economics 101 the most common supply-demand chart is guns vs. butter.? You can't have lots of butter for the people if you are making lots of guns.

I think Lynn is realizing one of the derivatives of Econ 101, and that is the supply-demand chart for shoes vs. skis.? You can buy multiple pair of skis, or you can buy multiple pair of SHOES.? I predict, therefore, that just as the country is diverting resources to guns and away from butter that we are likely to hear Lynn talking about new pairs of shoes before we hear her talking about new pairs of skis.? It's a "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" sort of thing.? We brag about our quivers of skis, but investment in skis pales in comparison to investment in shoes??? ?>:D? >:D

Ask yourself, would Lynn rather have a pair of Vision Vapors for $300 sitting in the garage or a new pair of (name a fancy shoe) high heeled pumps sitting there in the bottom of the closet for her to admire every day.? Sexist?? Maybe, but I rest my case.

Sincerely,
Prof. Jim

PS. And, to quote Ron, I'm going to really get blasted for this one.

Well Prof. Jim
You are ALMOST correct. But ALMOST is pretty far away from ABSOLUTELY!!

SHOES: Yes, I NEEDED a pair of high heels of the somewhat highend glittery type. And yes, I did happen to mention to Jim this need in a "wedding of sons", conversation. And here I thought we had bonded over the costs of ones child getting hitched.

Just so you all know that I am serious about bargain shopping. The absolutely beautiful Guiseppe, Zanotti shoes that were originally $590, were acquired by yours truly for $192.? THAT LEAVES $300 left over for NEW (ish) skis. (Because I saved $300 on the shoes, see???) :D

AND, if I 'save' anymore money on acquiring further shoes ('cause? I am changing outfits after the ceremony to my dancing dress, which requires a totally different shoe!), then I can add THOSE savings to my new(ish) skis!!

Flawless logic, would you not agree, my fellow ski brethern???? ;D ;D ;D

Now before any of you go and think"gee only a woman would think that way". I happen to know men do it too. Just with other things. Like bikes, golf clubs, tennis racquets, CARS!!
Oh and RON does it compulsively with skis!! It is high art the way he does it. I aspire to his level.

I rest my case.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:15:16 pm by jim-ratliff »
"Play it Sam"

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2008, 08:37:44 pm »
Quote from: midwif
SHOES: Yes, I NEEDED a pair of high heels of the somewhat highend glittery type. And yes, I did happen to mention to Jim this need in a "wedding of sons", conversation. And here I thought we had bonded over the costs of ones child getting hitched.
High costs of marriages???? Not sure about the bonding, because I didn't buy ANYTHING new to wear for either of my two sons weddings, certainly not shoes.?
And, knowing women, I'd be willing to bet you didn't buy new shoes to wear with an existing dress??? ???? ???

I happen to know men do it too. Just with other things. Like bikes, golf clubs, tennis racquets,
OK, I'm half guilty here.? I confess to paying $1200 for a $2200 carbon fibre bike when all I really needed was a $300 Schwinn.? But I got a great deal, and I talked them out of another $120 of store credit for "other stuff" (like buying shoes to use to ride the bike). And riding the bike has helped me lose enough weight that I could now wear the Kjus jacket I considered last year, except now I can't afford it (unless it's 70% off at a pre-season sale).
Feeling a little bit indicted, I guess.

Oh and RON does it compulsively with skis!! It is high art the way he does it. I aspire to his level.
AGREED? ;D ;D

By the way, welcome back from your forum hiatus.? We've missed your tart and sassy tongue, and people are beginning to worry about why Ron has been hiding under his desk for the past three days.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:11:04 pm by jim-ratliff »

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2008, 08:51:26 pm »
I spent the day shopping with my mother yesterday for her dress for her only grandsons wedding.

It took 5 hours, but we finally found "the outfit". Wore me out, I can tell you.

Then headed to my house upstate, where the computer is on slow speed dial-up of the only phone line in the house.
(well, the house is on a dirt road and I am happy to have ANY computer access!!)

So, what were we talking about? Before my training in the mountain division special ops, kevlar protective clothing and bayonets???

Oh, skis!!!
(And Peter says we mostly chat amongst ourselves!! It's all about the skis!! And the skiing!)
"Play it Sam"

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2008, 08:57:45 pm »

Wellll, I seem to remember that Gary did raise a pertinent question about whether you planned to bring two skis on Western trips, or whether you were looking for a "1 ski does it all East" and a "1 ski does it all West".? He seemed to feel that this might be pertinent to what ski(s) would be of interest?

And I believe he was offering to lug the extra skis around Steamboat if your answer was that you wanted to start traveling with two pair of skis (in your ski bag full of coffee).? (For those of you that weren't there last year, Lynn has a double ski bag, and it was loaded with 7 pounds of skis and 50 pounds of clothes, and somehow spilled coffee throughout the entire bag).

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2008, 01:15:54 am »
Interesting question. I will have to ponder. This is more difficult than I ever imagined. NOW, I begin to understand why there are the NEED for at least 3 pairs of skis. Eastern, western, powder, superpowder, OB, etc. Oh, wait, that's 5. If you don't do gates at NASTAR or prefer ice carving.
"Play it Sam"

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2008, 05:16:07 pm »
We've created a ski gear junkie...Yikes  ;D

Jim....the lugging has become your signature dish.....you don't cook....you shelp! Me...I tune......selective ly... >:D.....penance!

Lynn....2 pair should suffice. I think having something for 1- 5 inches and then 5-2 feet should suffice.  Anything more than that...you're most likely skiing Alaska, heli or powder cat skiing somewhere....use their skis!

G

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2008, 09:45:27 pm »

Bump.

For no reason other than Lynn seemed to like having a thread that was mostly all about her.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2008, 07:57:15 am »
MOSTLY?  It's ALL about her.... >:D >:D >:D

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2008, 08:00:48 am »
MOSTLY?? It's ALL about her.... >:D >:D >:D

And don't you guys forget that!!! ;) ;D

However, on YOUR threads, I am aware its all about YOU, YOU , YOU...

It seems to me that we need a JIM thread. He hasn't had one dedicated to his gear needs yet.
Any suggestions for a topic??? >:D
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2008, 10:04:30 am »
well, If he got any new gear, we could start there.

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2008, 03:04:31 pm »
Lynn, it's hard to tell form all these posts and banter what skis you are actually looking for, but I remember that you were talking about these and you wnated to pay $300.

These are Fischer Vision Vapors for $369 with bindings. They have them form 150 up to 165 lengths. Just in case you care.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-FISCHER-Vision-Vapor-155-V9-womens-expert-skis-08_W0QQitemZ110305424098QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110305424098&_trkparms=72%3A1417%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14