Author Topic: Help me find my next ski....  (Read 682 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Help me find my next ski....
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2008, 09:55:36 am »
I got the info: Sp 130, mounted on a railflex plate, has the diagonal race toe so it's actually a good binding. I seriously doubt I could tell the difference between those and a FF binding. I'll just leave them on. Plus, they can be adjusted and cheated forward.

corrected info note photo of actual binding  http://milehighathletic.com/db/supersizeimage.php?id=360085239963 note the rail edges at top. Very cool.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 10:20:01 am by Ron »

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2008, 09:59:19 am »

Very interesting.   8)  Diagonal toe is definitely a good thing.  I was searching for way to get fore aft adjustment on the CP13.  Can't wait to see yours and to find out what you think of the Magnums if you move a bit forward.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2008, 10:22:13 am »
163 SS magnums......http://milehighathletic.com/snow/itemdisplay.php?model=Head_iSupershape_Magnum_Skis_&id=360085239963

I bought for 470 shipped these look like they are 99% new...... (gary passed)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:22 am »
I am inclined to try my SP 130 bindings as well. Like yours they are monuted on the carve plate. They look fine. I'm sure they add some extra weight but on a ski like this it hardly matters. The big negative for me with demo bindings is that they sometimes have a little give. I have tyrolia demo bindings on my IM 78's and they are great and there is no reason to switch them. As well the ability to switch out and let your friends demo the skis is always and added plus as is the ability to play with the stance position on the ski.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2008, 10:42:07 am »
Cool, thanks. Do you reallty think there's much extra weight? Is it descernable?

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2008, 10:48:46 pm »
No, I feel pretty confident you won't notice it at all. I have never noticed it while skiing any demo skis except perhaps when carrying them. SS's are heavy skis to begin with as the carve plate adds weight.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2008, 08:45:32 am »
Thanks, its basically a RF set up, same plate and all, just a slide adjust for the BSL.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2008, 09:21:01 am »
Cool, thanks. Do you reallty think there's much extra weight? Is it descernable?

Ron:
Won't be discernible to you, since I thought Gary was responsible for all of your ski tuning, schlepping, and top-sheet "decorating"?? >:D ??? ???? Then, once its on the snow, it doesn't really weigh anything.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2008, 11:33:25 am »
I take pride in my ski tuning! I have a whole workshop dedicated to tuning at home and this season I have a vice and iron for SB.  I let Gary do the daily touch-up, otherwise he wants to cook and make a mess in my Kitchen :) Especially with my good knives.....

Heavy underfoot, yes, I'm sure you were just joking but those who may not know, a heavy ski is more tiring over the course of a day and not as quick.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2008, 12:45:06 pm »
HOld on there cowboy....you let me do your daily touch ups. ???.... >:D

I offer my services to the best chef, and feel that since my cooking skills are so dismal...although I can cook pizza with the cardboard still on and not have it go "baked Alaska" on me...now that's a skill....I mean I'm no dummy....I do have to eat...and I look finely prepared meals even though the cook panics when the grill runs out of gas...but hey....you know....each with our own special skills.

But you let me....oh brother..

Well yeah....for cripes sakes Ron...of course I let you.....cause you trip over your own shoe laces, take forever to get your ski gear on....can never find your gloves, socks, shirts minutes before we're prepared to head out....geez....some one's got to help you out....I mean....it's kind of a civil duty!

Man....having a buddy that has a place in Steamboat is tuff work!  :-*

G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2008, 12:59:45 pm »
HOld on there cowboy....you let me do your daily touch ups. ???.... >:D

I offer my services to the best chef, and feel that since my cooking skills are so dismal...although I can cook pizza with the cardboard still on and not have it go "baked Alaska" on me...now that's a skill....I mean I'm no dummy....I do have to eat...and I look finely prepared meals even though the cook panics when the grill runs out of gas...but hey....you know....each with our own special skills.

We ran out of gas because Gary said we had enough.....

But you let me....oh brother..

Well yeah....for cripes sakes Ron...of course I let you.....cause you trip over your own shoe laces, take forever to get your ski gear on....can never find your gloves, socks, shirts minutes before we're prepared to head out....geez....some one's got to help you out....I mean....it's kind of a civil duty!

Man....having a buddy that has a place in Steamboat is tuff work!? :-*G

OK, yes,? No one tunes boards like gary and cooking his breaksfast is a fair trade but...Rushed, yes rushed, trying make breakfast every morning, lets see,

RON: "Gary what do you want for breakfast?"?

GARY:? Oh, nothing, I'll have some prunes and some Oatmeal. Don't go to any trouble.

Ron:? Ok,

I make eggs or pancakes or something, I sit down to eat...

GARY: oh, can I have some of that?

Ron: I thought you didn't want any?

Gary: I just wanted a little... I don't want peppers and gassy stuff....

Ron: Ok ,but this is mine, do you want some of your own?

GARY: OK, but without the salt, no peppers and extra fiber.... Oh, can you make some of that red tea?

RON: OK....

NEXT:? Now I cleaning up, gary is already and has all the gear out the door and sitting in the hallway, he's pacing like a little kid who's gotta pee like a race horse, I am now trying to put on my crap since I can't or I'll sweat to death.....

GARY:? OK, lets go, hurry up.. Why aren't you ready yet..... ?? All the powder will be gone.....

It's ok, he's my bro.....? ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:07:21 pm by Ron »

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2008, 01:09:12 pm »
All true except for the fiber part....well I help clean up too!

G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2008, 01:11:46 pm »
Yes, clean up,,

RON; Gary, don't put the good knives in the dischwasher

GARY: I didn't

???

Glenn

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2008, 10:12:32 am »
I'm laughing at the irony of eating oatmeal and prunes...then not wanting anything with fiber in it. Why not go for broke? You already had the equivalent of "Colon Blow" for breakfast, might as well toss in some opinions and peppers.   :D

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2008, 10:59:54 am »
They say the real genuis's in life are a bit quirky,,,, well, I guess this makes Gary  "Uber-Einstein"  ;D

I say this because I am so normal and balanced.....

Yes, he and everyone else helps clean and cook. Ed, is the exception to cooking, not his fortay. Last year Ed makes coffee, I taste it, it's beyond weak (Even Glenn would say so) Turns out he puts 5 tspns in for a 10 cup brew.... We fixed that!  :)