Author Topic: Sweet spec's galore- DEMO WISH LIST  (Read 259 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Sweet spec's galore- DEMO WISH LIST
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 12:55:33 pm »
That's fine. You have 5 pair, Greg brings 5 pair, Phil provides 4 pair of Harts, Gary brings 4 pair, Lynn brings 3 pair, VOILA -- Ron's ski week.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 12:58:11 pm »
Greg:

If you make it to RealSkiers III I'll let you try my iM78's in a 177 (last years model) if you want.? Course, you may have to ask Gary to give them a good tune for us.? ?:D? ;D

I'm sure that Ron will have SOMETHING that I can ski on for a day.

Jim

I've got the last year's model (just got to get them mounted) and good chance they'll be making the trip to the boat in December.? I'm already in for RSIII...

Greg:? if you don't already have bindings, Midwif bought some Railflex bindings and rails last fall at a "going out of business" tremendous price.? Don't know how many or if she has any left, but she may be able to make you a deal.

gregmerz

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 01:13:55 pm »
That's fine. You have 5 pair, Greg brings 5 pair, Phil provides 4 pair of Harts, Gary brings 4 pair, Lynn brings 3 pair, VOILA -- Ron's ski week.

Yea but we'd need someone to underwrite the baggage charges that the airlines are gonna charge...

gregmerz

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 01:17:48 pm »

Yea but we'd need someone to underwrite the baggage charges that the airlines are gonna charge...

I've got a virtually new pair of PX12's that I think I'm gonna mount on these and I may mount em at +1 right from the get-go..

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 01:39:31 pm »
Hmm.....I only have 2 skis...poor me...but I luvs them... :-* my SS and my Watea 84's....

given the cost of extra baggage...it may be worth renting the other than everyday ski.

Greg good move on the mounting position...there will be a noticeable difference.

Yes Ron...I forgot...I thought the SHamans were a wee bit of off camber...my bad.

Jim...I may take you up on that IM78 demo... I would like to try that ski and maybe you could glisten a ride on my Watea 84's....

Lynn.....I think one that you should add into the mix is the Fischer Watea 78....it got rave reviews last year and the new Ski Mag..(shame on me) review loved it this year. Hmmm....I wonder if the colors would work?

Hey guys, for those of you who still have not figured out your RSIII room arrangements yet....

I keep getting email deals on accomodations at the "boat".....will pass along any that apply.
Lynn is a masterful shopper of all things including mountain condo's.

Now back to skis...remember all...if you demo...one demo can be a 6 person demo...stay close to your RS brothers. It's like the perfect ski mountain "pack and play"!

I know that cause I'm going to be a grandpa in 3 weeks...wahoo....1s t one.....not sure if it's too early to be thinking wood or foam core or sandwich construction for the little tyke yet!  ;D

Best,
G

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 02:06:41 pm »

Jim...I may take you up on that IM78 demo... I would like to try that ski and maybe you could glisten a ride on my Watea 84's....

I know that cause I'm going to be a grandpa in 3 weeks...wahoo....1s t one.....not sure if it's too early to be thinking wood or foam core or sandwich construction for the little tyke yet!? ;D

Gary:
1. You would be welcome to ride the 78's.? My apologies if I didn't make the offer last year, I would have been honored to share.? Do you promise to do your very best to restrain yourself and not pee on my skees?

2. CONGRATULATIONS on the coming little one.? Grandkids are so WONDERFUL (in small doses).? It's nothing like I remember from being a parent because you don't have to make the rules or enforce the rules; in fact you can become a bit of a "breaker of the rules".? Best of all, when they have you worn out, you can hand them back to their parents and go take a "grandparently" nap.

3. Do they makes kids snowboards with all of those different core constructions?? ?;D? Can you say PMTS snowboarders?

4. Meee has only two skees as well.  iM78 and Supershape magnum.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 03:43:21 pm by jim-ratliff »

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 07:43:12 pm »
Well, I don't know where you got the notion I have three sets of skis Jim, but I sure wish I did! Unfortunately, only ONE set. The Every Thangs.
My old iC160's are earmarked for Daughter and her skis, which are the woman version of the iC ,go to the daughter-in-law.

Would love to demo again this year. Was fun.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 07:51:50 am by jim-ratliff »
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 07:44:43 am »
Well, Jim I am sorry to say I will just have the Shamans and the 94's there. Possibly a 4x4 or hopefully the Pulses with demo bindings. Phil always has a few skis around. I had those 78's last season but thought the 171 was plenty of ski for me. Have you ever skied the Supershape in a 170? I have it and I don't really use it. I think it would be a great ski for you. If you are interested let me know. I would be happy to give it you to ski with this season. (you pay shipping :) )
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 07:59:15 am by Ron »

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 07:50:54 am »
Thank you Jim...you know last year we had such PERFECT conditions to ski at our RS outing I don't think I really wanted to experiment...wow, what a great trip it was.

Yeah, I've heard so many great comments about your ski, it would be a blast to try. I'm going to start a topic on length cause I'm thinking if was to purchase, I would prefer the next size down, the 171 length.

Oh yeah, we're all excited about a baby coming...and I can misbehave and run away.....loving it >:D

Yikes...snowboard.. .the little tyke will have plenty of time to make those choices...first comes skiing, then comes marriage then comes baby in the baby carriage....Skis first! OH yeah....no piercing or tatoos...call me old fashion! ?:o

You know Lynn I have to say that Alice uses her Stockli Spirits for snow through boot high as do I with my SS....having the "powder" skis is a nice luxery but with the cost of flying those bad boys around the country, renting may be more the more frugal way to go.

Best,
Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 08:01:08 am »
or just use my 94's..... >:D

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 08:50:25 am »
OK! I'm in....Ok fellow skiers, the tiger has fallen into the tiger trap..

I CAN RIDE ON RON'S SKIS WITHOUT PERSECUTION....I'VE BEEN GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO ONCE AGAIN, RELIEVE MYSELF? >:D OF ANY PERSONAL A........PERSONAL EMOTIONS AND STIGMATISES THAT HAVE BEEN SO PROFUSELY DENEGRATED UPON MY PERSONAL HYGIENIC AIMING SKILLS... >:D

YES....I'VE BEEN GIVEN THE GREEN LIGHT TO GET BACK ON THE TRAIN....

Oh gosh....I'm so nervous, I'm thinking of calling NASA to see what them their astronauts wear in space to .....a......take care of their personal hygiene issues.

It's so tuff being under Ron's microscope!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

G
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 08:53:19 am by Gary »