Author Topic: New Gear (any kind) Fix is a good thing  (Read 891 times)

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
Re: New Gear (any kind) Fix is a good thing
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2008, 06:36:51 pm »
Actually, what I notice Jim, is you first bringing this up and then trying to egg Brad and Glenn on to find out the particulars.
Now just be honest, if you want them to come to RS3, just say so!! No need to tease them! >:D

Okay, I get it. They don't get the full salacious story on this forum. They ONLY get to hear it from the participants. In PERSON!!
AT RS3!!!

I don't have a problem with that. The full and complete story of the boots can only be told in person. :D

No more teasers, Ratliff. Only those who come to RS3 can hear the full tale. Groaning included. ;)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 08:36:52 pm by midwif »
"Play it Sam"

Glenn

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2008, 05:44:43 am »

Notice how Brad and Glenn tiptoe carefully around this one, curious but unwilling to open Pandora's box.

Yep! I'll just keep reading this one.  :D

bf_hill

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2008, 07:21:44 am »
Notice how Brad and Glenn tiptoe carefully around this one, curious but unwilling to open Pandora's box.

Sometimes you just gotta let the core group with history relive the glory days.  It does turn on a little red warning light in my head to watch what I say or do should I have the honor of your company. :-\  But somehow I suspect it is useless having read about targets ranging from trying on boots to fabric colors to skiing techniques to performing necessary body functions on skiis.

God I love this group.... ;D

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2008, 07:26:28 am »
Actually, what I notice Jim, is you first bringing this up and then trying to egg Brad and Glenn on to find out the particulars.
Now just be honest, if you want them to come to RS3, just say so!! No need to tease them! >:D

Okay, I get it. They don't get the full salacious story on this forum. They ONLY get to hear it from the participants. In PERSON!!
AT RS3!!!

I don't have a problem with that. The full and complete story of the boots can only be told in person. :D

No more teasers, Ratliff. Only those who come to RS3 can hear the full tale. Groaning included. ;)

I Would characterize it more of a moan, whadayatink? :)  I think I'm in trouble now.......Is it winter yet?

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2008, 08:33:56 am »
I Would characterize it more of a moan, whadayathink? :)? I think I'm in trouble now.......Is it winter yet?

Oh Ron, as one of the participants (although less participatory than Lynn or Ed), I am SO glad that you are the one that stepped into this.? Per Lynn's guidelines, I am no longer allowed to remember the story as relayed by you and Gary.? Something about hearsay evidence being inadmissable.

However, in answer to your "question", I too believe that moan may have been the word used in the original posts.? Unfortunately, that was on the forum that crashed so we can't go back to the original report.?

I would, however, like to reassure all that our friend Lynn, this polished gem of puckish wit and charm, the Bronx Belle, laughed along with everyone else about the whole thing.? (at least that's what the hearsay evidence reported).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:57:19 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2008, 10:38:45 am »
ohh, yes, of course it happened anyway she wishes us to remember it........ ;D ::) ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:56:19 pm by jim-ratliff »

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2008, 06:39:39 pm »
Ron
I am not a drinker of Bourbon, Scotch, Whiskey etc.
However, I really like a good Porto after a good meal.
You WILL NOT be in any trouble if you follow the above guidelines at RS3!!!
I will even tell the tale to any newer participants after aforesaid glass of porto.

Even I can laugh at that one. Gee, I still remember saying "don't stop, it's......."
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2008, 06:51:43 am »
oh please continue....... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2008, 12:49:12 pm »
Ed hasn't been the same since!

I actually think it helped him turn the corner....well so to speak.

Lynn....if there was only a corresponding profession....oh wait...there is!

Oh boy....big doo doo now!  >:D

RON

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2008, 09:42:54 am »
Hmm, I have six months to plan payback. SWEET!!!  >:D >:D >:D

Gary, you ARE in big DOO DOO!!
 ;D ;D
"Play it Sam"

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2008, 10:17:13 am »
;D  ;) Hey Gary, since you have a rebuilt arm, do you suppose you could carry my bags and skis this year along with Lynn's???

Nice to see someone else (or two) being the target of her "righteous indignation" this year.  Staggering how much clothes and coffee pots and stuff  she got in her bag.  In fact, the suitcase was so full that most of her ski clothes were in the ski bag (with the three pair of skis).   >:D  >:D >:D
I'm surprised my back held up to the ordeal.
Jim

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2008, 10:26:41 am »
EXCUSE ME!!! :o
Moi, had only ONE, MEASLY pair of skis to bring. :(
I think it was YOU, Ratliff, who had a wardrobe of skis packed in his bag. ::)

You really like to stir up the pot, don't you!!
As long as you wash up after! >:D

"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2008, 11:48:39 am »
SHHH, I am being as quiet as possible.... Did I ever tell you how much I like Lynn's Applie pie?  ::)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2008, 11:52:41 am »
BAck to new gear!  I received my new Pacific Blue Spyder pants yesterday from Seirra, I immediately went and put them on with my black Descente jacket and carbon Tactic helmet and goggles. I stood on the back porch in 85 degrees and asked my wife if she liked it.....  They're so cool. They are the perfect addition to the poser/gaper gallery... Now, if I could only ski....... >:D

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2008, 12:00:00 pm »
BAck to new gear!? I received my new Pacific Blue Spyder pants yesterday from Seirra, I immediately went and put them on with my black Descente jacket and carbon Tactic helmet and goggles. I stood on the back porch in 85 degrees and asked my wife if she liked it.....? They're so cool. They are the perfect addition to the poser/gaper gallery... Now, if I could only ski....... >:D

Ron:? have you considered a Harb camp.? I hear rumors that they can teach you how to ski???? ?>:D >:D

You asked your wife if she liked it .... but you stopped before telling us what she said???? ?;D ;D? Inquiring minds wonder what words of wisdom a spouse might say to a husband standing on the back porch in June in 85 degree weather wearing full ski clothes (including helmet).? ????? ?::)

We're going to look like twins, you in your black jacket with blue pants and me in my blue jacket with black pants.? Hooray!!? I wanna be somewhat like Ron (minus the injuries).

I have to agree that the apple pie turned out awesomely, especially given the absence of a real pie pan in the culinary arsenal.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 01:20:07 pm by jim-ratliff »