Author Topic: what do doctors really know?  (Read 1069 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: what do doctors really know?
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2008, 07:49:34 am »
Note to all....that is NOT impact bruising either...

It's hard to believe just getting up off the toilet seat one could sustain such a horrendous injury.... >:D

Nah....just busting on ya.....glad to hear you feel your starting to feel stronger.

Information is key...listen all...ask your mother, your brother, your girlfriend, show this picture around, someone is sure to have seen this groin somewhere.... ::)

Now this is brilliant:  ;D
Maybe we could focus our collective conscious minds into some kind of mental particle beam and aim at Ron's groin.....think heal....heal....hea l...hey...doing something is better than doing nothing!!!  8)

Best,
Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2008, 08:11:07 am »
You know, at this point, I open to the suggestion....... ;D

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2008, 08:55:11 am »
Real Skiers give me your collective minds:

Memorial day..12 noon....

We shall send Ron a mental particle beam aimed at his groin.....this beam shall have thoughts of healing and well being!

Please concentrate the beam for no more than 15 seconds otherwise his groin might disintegrate  :-\.....nope, not pretty!

Ron....after this works and you're instantly healed, bring your collective wallet loaded with greenbacks to RSIII where you shall present us a feast of gastronomical delight in celebration of our successful mental particle beam deployment...... ;D

gosh...the things we'll do to keep our ski brothers healthy!

Prepare yourself....."fire za laser beam"....sorry, lost myself for a moment.

Please feel free to take some test shots at Ron's groin between now and the collective firing on Monday.  ::)

Aw, I got a good feeling about this... ;D

Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2008, 09:25:29 am »
Gee, I am overwhelmed by your concern for my well-being ::)

but thanks for the laughs....

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2008, 09:28:07 am »

Gary:

I am going to have to respectfully decline participation in this event.  >:D

I really just can't imagine forcing myself to focus on Ron's groin for an extended period of time like this.   ;D  ;D  ;D  Remember that for the aged, memory attention spans become dramatically shortened, so 15 seconds is a LONGGGG time.

NOW, if the affected area turns out to be the upper back, then perhaps I might feel more comfortable participating.

Jim
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2008, 09:33:45 am »
Well Jim, one thing that I can tell you that the groin has little to do at all with "that" part of the body. I do appreciate the kind thoughts though. did you like the picture?

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2008, 10:46:08 am »

I know, it's just the word groin that I was playin on.  >:D

The picture is interesting.  How many days post event was that.  FWIW, I've seen hamstring pulls (I think thats actually a tear, not a strain) that had more bruising and darker bruising than that, but it took several days for the bruising to make it to the surface.  But I've never heard of anyone not getting dramatically better from a strain or even a tear from rest.  That's the frustrating part.

However, I've also seen some nastier surface bruises from guys getting hit by baseballs that show up pretty quickly.  Depending on how hard you hit that tree (I remember the bark stains) that could be surface bruising and something else was underneath.  I, obviously, don't know. 

I didn't go back in the thread, but didn't Perry say that if they didn't find anything in the groin then he would recommend looking higher in the back where that muscle attaches?
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Perry

• 6+ Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2008, 06:32:05 pm »
The MRI won't show the extent of the injury originally.  I would say that if it says mild now almost 6 months after, then it was major when it happened.

mental self-imaging of a healthy leg will help the healing.  This is fascinating to me, don't understand it very well  ???, but know that it is a real phenomenon

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 07:14:18 am »
Thanks Perry, problem is that is still fairly significant. I still cannot run what so ever, walking can be painful but I always get a pulling feeling in my ab down to the pubic bone and into the upper thigh. After about a mile, It gets very painful. Sitting is still a problem, causes cramping. If I rotate my foot out, I cannot lift my leg.  Don't you think it should be better than this by now?

Glenn

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2008, 10:31:29 am »

mental self-imaging of a healthy leg will help the healing.? This is fascinating to me, don't understand it very well? ???, but know that it is a real phenomenon

My wife sees it all the time with people she treats. Attitude is a huge part of getting better.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 11:07:50 am »
Firm beleiver, attitude and drive are essential. That's wh i don't give up looking for 'the answer" . Got another doctor today to see.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 02:13:58 pm »
Believe in your bodies ability to heal....positive thinking unquestionably huge!

BUT...thinking and doing bring even more positive results. The body is an amazing thing....we've all been through injuries of all sorts and it truly astounds me what a fantastic machine our body is.

Rest and exercise...can overcome numerous melodies.

You see...the 15 seconds spent on Ron's groin yesterday is paying off...come on Jim...you're a big boy...you can admit, no shame or disgust here...you were thinking about Ron's groin for MORE than 15 seconds yesterday  weren't ya?!?!?  >:D

Ron....glad you're keeping us posted....this way we can keep sending you written and mental positive messages to speed recovery!

Best,
Gary

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 08:16:49 pm »
Almost 6 months since the "incident". No impact, just lifting yourself up off the snow in a non-stacked position.
Total lack of ability to make certain movements. Bruising at the time.  Sounds like nerve damage. Since the MRI didn't see a missing muscle attached where it should be, perhaps nerve testing is called for.
Just a thought.
Lynn
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2008, 07:56:53 am »
good thought and it was listed as a possibility by my primary ortho. The actual damage seems to have stemmed however from the actualy fall. Remember Jon, My friend? He actually took pictures of the fall and I really twisted my body very hard.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2008, 07:40:38 am »
Making some decent progress with rehab!  ;D My PT is really working on rebiulding strength and we started yesterday on the weakest areas. He didn't want to stretch or work the worst areas until we got the other muscles going. Very sore but I feel we are getting somewhere!