Author Topic: Nevils made me do it!  (Read 246 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Nevils made me do it!
« on: November 22, 2006, 09:57:48 am »
Nevils sent a kind thought for a Happy Thanksgiving prompting me to expose some personal feeling so brace yourselves!

I'd like to say to all,

" I'm thankful for all the Real Skiers that have shared their thoughts, their experiences, with friendships forged here and on the slopes.

I'm grateful to have the passion for skiing and being able to share that passion with the wonderful people here that respond from all over the world.

Finally, I appreciate what I have and know how blessed we are to be able to be out there enjoying our sport in the best financial and physical health we have....

To all.......I love ya man!"

Best for a Happy Thanksgiving and a wish: " May the fresh snow tickle your nose and dance beneath your feet"!

Have a great Holiday,
Hugs to all,
Gary

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Nevils made me do it!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 10:36:00 am »
Well said, gary, Happy thanksgiving to all! May you carve as much snow as you do turkey.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 06:26:31 pm »
 :)? :)? :)

Gary, thanks for starting this.? I too would like to express how much I enjoy the comaraderie that we share on the forum.? It's amazing how good it is to have this little world of friends to visit when I want.

There's certainly a lot to be thankful for.?

My son (Peace Corps in Tonga) sent an email describing the looting and burning there as the people express their dissatisfaction with the government (and then continue looting and burning as the mob mentality takes control).? I doubt he remembers the same things happening here in Watts and other inner cities.? We may be equally upset with our government, but at least it was expressed peacefully this last time around.

The local news stations have been focusing on the high spirits of the many amputees being treated at Walter Reed Military Hospital.? It reminds me of friends from another "little world" in South Viet Nam, some of whom haven't celebrated a Thanksgiving in the past 30 years.? Forgotten, but not really forgotten.

My next door neighbor was raking leaves last Saturday and had a heart attack.? He's fine (with some stents or something inserted) but we shared the Little League experience as our kids grew up.? He certainly appeared healthy.

On the other hand, it's been more than two months since my wife had a seizure.

Praise God for the little things, as well as the big things.
Especially to Gary, Michael, Ron, JBotti, even RadRab if you're there ..... Happy Thanksgiving!!

PS. I bought a pair of Spyder Whistler glovers and CWX non-insulated bottoms today.? Unlike Ron however, I have to confess that I really didn't need either one and neither matches anything (unless black matches everything), but I bought them anyway.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 06:30:09 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 07:11:14 pm »
Hey Jim, thank God for randum spending....

and a special thanks for sharing your thoughts too!

Gary

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 07:54:53 pm »
Thanks Jim, for your Thanksgiving wishes and blessings. Blessings to all and a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

Looks like my prayers for snow may be answered this weekend. It looks like as much as 2 feet could hit the Sierra's Sunday and Monday!! JB.

filojib

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 10:28:35 pm »
I'm a newbie and I would like to say thanks, too.  Very, very cool site.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 08:42:00 pm »
Filojib:

From all of us'ens (that's my southern talk) welcome to RealSkiers.

Hope you had/are having a good Thanksgiving weekend.

"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."