Author Topic: coffee, french press and espresso  (Read 1825 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: coffee, french press and espresso
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2008, 07:27:15 am »
OK, you hava officially pirated m our thread, you obviously have no respect for the bean..... ;D

bf_hill

« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2008, 07:35:42 am »
OK, you hava officially pirated m our thread, you obviously have no respect for the bean..... ;D

Hey, some of my best friends are beans....has beans.  Ba dum bump. ::)   I actually have 2 coffee devices on the kitchen counter.  A coffee maker with a built-in burr grinder and an espresso machine.  I alternate depending on my mood that morning.  The best latte I ever had was in a cafe in Venice.

And just so you know, I was drinking an iced latte while watching our handyman install the vents! :P  ;D  Perhaps I should have mentioned that earlier.........

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2008, 11:36:32 am »
OK, please list your cafe' equipment :)

Yes, indicating your consumption of cofee would have then qualified the post.......

bf_hill

« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2008, 04:15:19 pm »
OK, please list your cafe' equipment :)

Yes, indicating your consumption of cofee would have then qualified the post.......

A Nespresso capsule espresso maker.  Not bad, limited choice on the espressos though.  The Coffee maker is a Capresso with burr grinder attached.

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2008, 06:45:12 pm »
Okay Brad, you have officially out done Ron on the coffee front.
So, are you serious about RS3?? Maybe a multi bedroom condo?
Will you make the coffee then, please???I'll bring the frother (stainless steel container with a mesh grid that when pumps the hot milk froths it very nicely). Oh, and bring your wife. I need help on the estrogen front. I have held my own so far, but frankly, reinforcements would be appreciated.
Lynn   
"Play it Sam"

bf_hill

« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2008, 10:03:13 pm »
Okay Brad, you have officially out done Ron on the coffee front.
So, are you serious about RS3?? Maybe a multi bedroom condo?
Will you make the coffee then, please???I'll bring the frother (stainless steel container with a mesh grid that when pumps the hot milk froths it very nicely). Oh, and bring your wife. I need help on the estrogen front. I have held my own so far, but frankly, reinforcements would be appreciated.
Lynn? ?
I'm sorry, all I hear was pump and hot  >:D

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2008, 06:50:22 am »
Lynn, Nespresso drool machine out does an Anita Quick mill Heat exchanger with a Mazzer mini?? I am stunned, speachless and deeply offended..... Where's Svend?  Please help here bud  ;D ??? ???

bf_hill

« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2008, 08:12:22 am »
Lynn, I'm sorry, I have to agree with Ron on this.  Although the Nespresso is step ahead of a $49 Norelco Espresso machine since it is a pump machine as oppossed to a steam driven, it is no match for his machine or my dream machine, the Rancilio Silvia.

Mine is convience personified with a decent espresso but limited choices b/c of the proprietary capsules.  And no, I'm not hauling it to Colorado.  I will hike to some hole-in-the-wall coffee den flying under the radar that makes a nice cappuccino.  (Also, I have a weakness for Starbuck Mochas..shhh....)

And as for my wife, we spend our honeymoon at Aspen but it turns out I was misled.  Her interest in skiing dwindled and eventually died.  I spend my Spring Breaks with family in Vermont without her.  I would be going to RS3 alone if I go.  And yes, I am seriousl considering it.  I had been contemplating a ski trip through Tampa Bay Snowskiers to go with others out west, but this just sounds like too much fun.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2008, 08:22:12 am »
there are two starbucks at the boat also a place called Adiamo cofee which is excellent.

Hope you can make it. It is a lot of fun but skiing comes first and there really are no friends on a powder day......

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2008, 10:15:58 am »

And as for my wife, we spent our honeymoon at Aspen but it turns out I was misled.? Her interest in skiing dwindled and eventually died.?

Skiing isn't mandatory, she is welcome to come for the winter vacation experience, and shopping and the time with you.   ;D
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2008, 10:27:27 am »
yes, of course she's welcome! There is a lot to do there including snowshoeing, "spa-ing" and lots of great shopping, walking around and stuff. Good people watching from the Sheraton, get a cup of coffee and watch the mountain from the big glass windows. (I strongly recommend the Chicken Cassadeya's) I know I butchered that spelling

bf_hill

« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2008, 10:46:09 am »
I'm afraid her dislike of the cold would outweight any fun she might have doing anything else.  I couldn't get her to move North after living in Fla for a couple years.  I will of course invite her but don't hold your breath.

I had a skiing dream last night.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2008, 11:58:57 am »
Good job on the dream. I have the same illness, I am also a compulsive ski-**** addict......  Watched Waiting game out on the deck, takes on a different feel when outside

No worries about the wife, mine doesn't come out till the 20th, she loves it out there but she doesn't ski either.

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2008, 09:41:08 am »
Lynn, Nespresso drool machine out does an Anita Quick mill Heat exchanger with a Mazzer mini?? I am stunned, speachless and deeply offended..... Where's Svend?  Please help here bud  ;D ??? ???

Just my ignorance showing. Didn't realize Nespresso was the prepackaged machine stuff. Sounded hi falutin' at first.  :-[ :-[

Back to coffee college (remedial classes anyone?)
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2008, 11:49:38 am »
i use my old Nespresso here at work. It's easy and it makes a decent cappi or latte.