Author Topic: I will love them and squeeze them and  (Read 925 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: I will love them and squeeze them and
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2008, 10:12:34 am »
Awesome! Gotta have goals..... have you tried any of the Fishers or Dynastars? I am loving the stuff they are making, especially the Fischers.  What's STP?

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2008, 10:12:58 am »
Awesome! Gotta have goals..... have you tried any of the Fishers or Dynastars? I am loving the stuff they are making, especially the Fischers. ?What's STP? ?Sierra trading post?

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2008, 11:10:15 am »
Yes, STP= Sierra trading post.
I did demo Fischer Vision Vapors at SB. They were at the top of the list until the ET's (Every Thangs)
Decided to demo Dynastar Legends (same ski Alice chose this season) to see if I would have buyers remorse. DId this in Vermont. The wider waist and slightly greater stiffness were slightly noticeable to me on Eastern hard pack. I spent the day on the them and remained very happy with my initial decision.
Would love to demo some 80's waisted skis in powdery conditions. If this happens at RS3, I will go for it!!
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2008, 11:35:50 am »
Yes the legend is not a real good EC ski. Great soft snow Western ski. Hart is coming out with two different women specific skis. I may be able to get for demo. I skied a couple different skis from them and I loved the wider (100mm) all mountain ski. I was skiing it in about 3-6" fresh over groomed and it railed. Very nice ski. Aslo skied another one that I didn't care for. I will be on a 78mm ski from them for my groomer ski. You have a great head ski though. Did you want more float? What's the intent?

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2008, 01:05:10 pm »
Yes, thinking of having a Western ski!! For when I hit those wonderful days of soft, thick powder.
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2008, 08:39:22 am »
Ok, please use the term soft, deep powder!   ;D

Good thoughts. Of course it's a personal preference thing, but i really like softer skis for powder. the first 1-1.5 feet of the ski shoudl have a nice progessive flex allowing it to absorb lumps and bumps and the occasional powder snake (just ask Gary about tree snakes) it makes a big difference. Heads are great, no doubt but a little too stiff for me. I really like the Fischer feel and some of the other brands like 4 front, line and others are supposed to be great. My Icelantics are a different approach but so far, off the scale on the fun meter and stupid rediculously easy to ski in powder. Lots of options so you may want to start lining up a few.....

Glenn

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2008, 10:14:29 am »
I took the day off yesterday to move around some brush. Pics for proof.

After that, and a million other things, I cleaned off the skis. I used some quick detailer and a microfiber for the tops. The bottoms of the skis were hot waxed, ironed, but not scraped. I'll be ready to roll when the snow flies next year. Is it November yet?  ;D

Oh, my bindings have a cool message on them.  ;)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2008, 11:12:20 am »
wild!  cool atv....

Glenn

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2008, 12:52:39 pm »
That's what gets me through the wamer months. Although, with 4wd, it's a hoot in the snow too.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2008, 01:29:45 pm »
Holy cats Glenn...that's a freakn' big evergreen tree ya got on that trailer! did you dig er out with those monster shovels on them there skis?

Aw just kidding.....

Hey, those ski tops look shinny as a baby oiled hiney....nice job!

Now that the yard work is done...get out the crochet!

G

Glenn

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2008, 06:27:30 am »
LOL! It's lawn mowin' season. I'll be firing up the beast to mow the lawn today.  >:D

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2008, 06:39:47 pm »
Yes, time to mow the lawn. My son took out the riding mower. It started, then as he was backing it out of the shed, came to a dead stop. Would not turn over. Battery charger applied for a couple  of hours. No go. No lights, no cough. So I put gas in the regular mower, figured I could do the front at least. No go. Would turn over but not catch. No mowing done. So we planted eggplant, thinned beet sprouts, lettuce, kohlrabi and marigolds. Put up fencing for the peas to climb. Finished the terracing for the new veggie garden addition. Transplanted some flowering plants and put some new ones in.
Pretty far from skiing. But enjoyed passing by my skis in the garage. :)
"Play it Sam"

nevils

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2008, 07:58:25 pm »
liked that "enjoyed passing by my skis in the garage". i keep my relatively new elans and heads in the other bedroom - may be too hot for them in the garage, you know, of course we want to keep them as comfortable as possible so once in a while i step in the bedroom to look how they are doing - maybe they need to be moved around a bit or something. i think i am ok.
Nevils

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2008, 10:10:50 pm »
With temps still 30-40's at night and not cracking 70 yet daytime, I think those babies are just fine where they are. Once I have a moment to put some wax on them, as per Gary's explicit instructions,  then I will put them in the basement. I used to put skis in the attic, but have realized it gets extremely hot up there in summer. The basement stays relatively cool.

I like anticipation. Planning, thinking about and waiting for ski season has its own pleasures. (of course, actually skiing is MUCH better)
Occasional glimpses of the skis fits into that!
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2008, 06:50:38 am »
gardening is good for Karma. Nice selection of veggies. Peas are so much fun to grow and so delicious.