Author Topic: FF14 binding setting for female skier, Head SS Speed  (Read 666 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: FF14 binding setting for female skier, Head SS Speed
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 02:49:42 pm »
Svend:? Good approach, and a very good point that your wife is on the "unisex" version.? I had forgotten that. I would expect the Power One to be forward 10-20mm.? Also, even experimenting and moving the bindings doesn't do anything that can't be readily undone.? The plate has little pre-drilled holes in it, the screws tap that small hole out into a larger hole but the hole is only in the metal plate and nothing changes on the ski itself (so no need to fill holes or anything).

Yes, Lou was the person doing the Nordica research at Snowbird, and the +15 of the Railflex is just an approximation of finding that point for the standard way Head (and other Austrian manufacturers) set up their default boot center.? So called "French skis" will have their default center of boot position farther forward than the Austrian style.? Also, while I haven't measured it, my perception is that Head has moved their default mounting position forward some even on Railflex skis.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:32:48 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."