Author Topic: FF14 binding setting for female skier, Head SS Speed  (Read 668 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: FF14 binding setting for female skier, Head SS Speed
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 02:34:29 pm »
OK -- here's what I'm gonna do.  Our local shop has the women's Power One skis, which are the ladies version of the SS Speeds that my wife has -- exactly the same ski, but different colour.  I'm going to take my wife's skis up there and hold them side-by-side with the Power Ones and compare binding position.  If Head is mounting the FF binding more forward on the women's version of the ski, then I have my answer and will move my wife's bindings forward. If not, they stay where they are.

FWIW, I posed this question to Lou Rosenfeld at Epic last spring, specifically about the FF14 binding and CP13 plate, and his response was "To my mind factory position is always irrelevant other than as reference to understand companies philosophy."  I think he's the guy that did all the research at U of A about binding position, and is a proponent of the BOF-CRS position.  His response, although vague, tells me we should still pursue this on the Supershapes.

BTW, on my new SS Speeds I've had the binding mounted just a hair behind the BOF-CRS position, and the skis handled superbly.  Very responsive, great control, great turn initiation.  Not sure if this is related to the binding position, or if the skis are just like this, but it the skis seem to have a huge sweet spot when set up this way.  Since I have no way to compare before-after, I can't say.  When we move my wife's bindings, I'll post some feedback and results here and let you know what the outcome was.