Author Topic: FF14 binding setting for female skier, Head SS Speed  (Read 665 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: FF14 binding setting for female skier, Head SS Speed
« on: March 03, 2008, 06:26:28 pm »
Hey Jim,

Thanks for the very informative reply.  Like I said, it's not like my wife is having any problems at the moment, but I thought that if this was as easy as the RF bindings to play with, then why not give it a whirl.  FWIW, I've adjusted my RF bindings on my Monsters from +15 to 0, and it made a very noticeable improvement in my balance.  Tweaking the positioning is a neat thing to play with to fine tune performance.  But, as for the SS Speeds, it seems to me like it's best to leave well enough alone and not mess things up.  Goes against my Germanic technical upbringing, though, not to disassemble everything and put it back together again better than before....must....r esist....(gritting teeth)....

Of interest is that she just had some lessons at Whiteface last week (great place!!!), and the instructors had her on some challenging black runs for about 4 hours.  They could not identify any significant stance or balance problems, even on the steep stuff. Some minor tweaks in positioning were all that was needed.  No issues with turn initiation, carving, edging, etc..  All is well....perhaps too good, in fact, as she consistently beats me down the slopes by a country mile.  I'm presently looking for new, faster skis to remedy this discrepancy  ;).

Best regards,

Svend
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 06:29:19 pm by Viking »