Author Topic: GARY GETS NEW ORANGE JACKET!  (Read 157 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
GARY GETS NEW ORANGE JACKET!
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:38:33 pm »
Just in case you didn't see it, Gary goes from Orange to Orange, Still has the same Orange vest and orange helmet! check out the pants too!?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
Re: GARY GETS NEW ORANGE JACKET!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 03:53:36 pm »
Very fashion forward!!!
THe bright contrasting colors make it easy to spot him iin all the white stuff. ;D
"Play it Sam"

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 08:20:42 pm »

Now I have to confess ...  I REALLY like that jacket.  May be a bit bright, but I imagine that, with that jacket on, he will get lots of compliments on his ski skills.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 07:02:59 am »
The jacket is very nice. I love the suff Descente makes, Very good stuff. He's skiing with Alice and his friends at Holiday valley so we can abuse him for a few days!  ;D.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 07:54:55 am »
oh boy.....Been called a "beacon, a creamsicle" and a host of other interesting titles, but my wife liked the jacket and Ron was all but getting out his credit card, and heck...I too liked it so, I treated myself.

Descente makes a nice jacket, pockets in all the right places as well as zippers.

I have found that it takes more attention to cleaning and sometimes when zipping the pockets, the zippers znag...no biggie though.

The pockets are deep, easy to get to, it vents well, is warm enough for western 7 degree days. In the east, I need one additional mid layer or wind block.....and yes....it's easy to see, so skiiing poorly is not an opition.

Family and friends can spot me easily even in the fog we had at Steamboat.

And Jim.....next time we ski together....you can try on the whole shibang.....I'm thinking orange could be your color too!

G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 10:25:55 am »
Its actually not a bright as it may seem. Not neon-ish at all. Sweet jacket. He made the decision all on his own (kinda :) ) At first, I think he thought it was too bright. I liked and then Alice (the real boss and 51% vote) looked at it and agreed. If he couldn't ski, then I would have thought no but......

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 02:41:56 pm »

And Jim.....next time we ski together....you can try on the whole shibang.....I'm thinking orange could be your color too!
G

You raise an interesting issue.? I think white pants are what I'm missing.? Then noone will be able to really see what my feet AREN'T doing.

But seriously, I do like the looks of the jacket on you in the picture.?
I think I've actually seen that Descente jacket at the local store and thought it looked nice (but not for me).

« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 07:11:54 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 07:09:23 pm »
Jim
 I agree with Gary on this issue. Bright orange is not you. However,  a nice rust tone might suffice. You know..... for you fall types who look and feel better in the brown, rust, greens and subtle blues.  ;)

You remember, that seasonal thing that you wrote about so knowledgeably. I can't remember when a male of the species was able to regurgitate that kind of fashion forward philosophy! ;D

If you are lucky, that posting might actually be gone forever. If you're not.....IT"S come back to HAUNT YOU!!!! >:D >:D >:D

Lynn
"Play it Sam"

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 07:46:10 am »
Ok...so my wife loved your "fashion forward" comment Lynn, and Jim....Ron and Alice both insisted I try on white pants with the jacket....way to "creamsicle" for sure.

For Ed....I think you know that we convinced him at Jackson Hole he needed new boots...he eventually bought the Dalbello Pro with the Intuition liner, and then a stop at the Cloudveil store....he bought a new ski jacket....miracles of miracle....green... looks very nice on him....add in the Dynastar Contact 11 Exclusive with it's awesome paint job.....point is....he's a happy camper!

And Jim....new jacket .......maybe robins egg blue could work for you...with some nice pin striped pants, grey with blue pinstripes....they're out there calling your name!

There are some really awesome colors and combos out there I think thanks to snowboard fashion especially some of the chick clothing. NICE!

G

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 08:13:52 am »
Gary, you are right. Snowboard fashions have helped liberate ski fashions up. I saw a navy pinstriped jacket and pant outfit that rocked on a young woman boarder. Was definitely envious for about 2 seconds.
Not doing the creamsicle look was wise on your part. :D
I remember Ed having significant foot pain at SB in the old boots. Hopefully he is pain free now.
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 09:03:35 am »
That's a true race inspired design. Not much of a snowboard influence in that jacket!