Author Topic: 2008 Rossi Z11 - 170cm  (Read 194 times)

taquin1

2008 Rossi Z11 - 170cm
« on: January 01, 2008, 12:53:10 pm »
Level II sport @ 5'9" 170-178 lbs.  Demoed these yesterday and almost loved them.  My right ski was a bit squirrelly on slower turns at times, but that's likely due to 90% technical ability and 10% length.  These guys were a blast on groomed and absolutely top notch at speed.  I never feel the urge to race down the piste like Ichabod Crane fleeing the Headless Horseman, but these things kept telling me, "YOU GO FAST NOW!" and I listened without any apprehension.  No chatter or bucking on ice.  Great carve and easier edge-to-edge than all of the other skis I demoed.  Had a bit of a workout off-piste.  They weren't as responsive there as I had hoped, but I thought they performed slightly above average to average in this area.  My primary gripe about these skis was that they weigh in around 15 lbs.  In fact, when I switched over to the Head Xenon 9, it felt like I was skiing on cardboard.  Additionally, these skis are extremely cost prohibitive.  I just can't justify spending almost $1000 on a set of skis, even if they do open up a bit more of the mountain for me.  I've been eyeballing the Elan Magfire series because their waist and sidecut are similar at almost 1/2 the price.  Have fun out there!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter