Author Topic: Atomic Nomad Blackeye  (Read 689 times)

monologuist

Re: Atomic Nomad Blackeye
« on: February 20, 2008, 07:04:09 pm »
These don't have the best looking topsheets but "beauty is only skin deep".  What they lack in appearance they more than make up for in personality.  A great ski for the one-ski quiver.  Obviously not a deep powder ski or a race ski, short of that it does it all.  Not too springy and not too damp...a predictable fun ride.  I'm 5'9" 165lbs. on a 171cm.

Hey there.  I'm looking at the Blackeye as well as the Whiteout and Highoon.  I'm about your size.  I am a high intermediate or so level skier who has been on hiatus for the last 8 years, and I ski mostly at Mammoth, 70/30 on-piste/off-piste.  I am not very experienced in anything deeper than boot high powder, but intend to learn.  I am looking to buy my first pair of shaped skis.  First of all, do happen to know how the Blackeye compares to the Highnoon and Whiteout?  Also, for the Blackeye, do you think 171 is the right size for me or should I go down 1 size?  I am a bit confused about how demanding the Blackeye is. 

Also can you confirm or deny any of the following?  Many reviews say it is best for EZ-Expert and above skiers, while others say it is fine for even low intermediates.  Some say it requires a fair bit of energy to get the most out of it, while others describe it as effortless and forgiving.  Some have said that the Blackeye is barely serviceable in the bumps, while others say it is no problem. 

thanks!