Author Topic: First weekend on Head XRC1200 and iM82  (Read 289 times)

gregmerz

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
First weekend on Head XRC1200 and iM82
« on: November 27, 2007, 06:18:06 am »
Just finished my first weekend out on some new Heads.? Cold both days on Minnesota man-made that very quickly became boilerplate because of too many skiers on too little real estate.

Saturday was the 07 i.xrc 1200 in 170.? The RS review on this is pretty close.? Lay these over on edge and hold on.? Get in the backseat on this and you?ll never catch up.? The carving prowess of this ski is fantastic and the edge hold on ice I found unwavering.? This will be an excellent ride for Minnesota hardpack this season.? This ski will wear you out if you push it all day.

Sunday was a ?train the trainer? session.? I brought out my 07 i.m82?s in 183 for this.? By Sunday morning the terrain was getting icier and rutted up.? I was able to push this ski through just about anything without it getting deflected.? I was a little concerned about being able to execute shorter turns on this but got it done anyway with just a little more work.? This is a stiff ski that carves well.? You just have to increase the angles and the speed and I don?t have the ?real estate? to regularly do that in the Midwest.? Part of my inability to give this a full evaluation may have been that by Sunday afternoon my legs felt like warm jello.? I?ll be taking this one to Grand Targhee in about two weeks and we?ll turn em loose there.

A couple of nice new rides.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:04:54 pm by gandalf »

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Barrettscv

Re: First weekend on some new Heads
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 07:41:28 am »
Hi Greg,

That's a great 2 quiver set up! Any more gear lurking at home  >:D?

With the cold weather here in the Midwest, We should see more terrain soon.

Cheers,

Michael

gregmerz

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 07:54:05 am »
With the hard cold snap that's going to last all this week, the fans are running full tilt.  Some of the areas north of the Twin Cities in the river valley will be 60 or 70 percent open by this weekend.

Gear for this year is still developing.  I just dumped some Allstars and AC3's. Skiied a lot on an RX-8 last year.  The performance of the i.xrc 1200 makes we want to add a race carver also for this season.  The Progressor sounds great (I'm a big Fischer fan also) but that ski is pricey at this point.  Might happen anyway...

Any other suggestions ?  175 would probably be the length.  WC RC maybe...

Barrettscv

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 08:35:47 am »
I think the RC is a good alternative to the Progressor, just a little more limited in application. The Progressor will handle crud & have a little quicker turn in than the RC. But for carving GS turns on firm snow, the performance will be the same.

Michael

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 09:55:53 am »
sounds great!  I got out for the first time this weekend as well.