Author Topic: Where should Head XRC 800 Binding be set setup?  (Read 341 times)

otijeff

Where should Head XRC 800 Binding be set setup?
« on: February 16, 2007, 09:09:02 am »
The shop that setup the bindings for my new XRC 800 Head skis set them up at the zero setting. Should I have them change them to the +15 setting to get the set up point further forward on the ski?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Where should Head XRC 800 Binding be set setup?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 12:30:40 pm »
here's what I would recommend. First, make sure the screw in the center of the binding is tight but not overly tight. Test this with a quarter. You can use a quarter as a handy on-the-snow tool. Then go test them on the snow. Start out in the neutral zone, ski them for a few runs. Then take your quarter and adjust them forward and ski them. I prefer them forward but its a preference thing.   Great ski!  Have fun

otijeff

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 01:12:32 pm »
Thank you. I didn't realize it was so easy. I'll take a look at it and try that.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 05:36:32 pm »
Second Ron's advice.  Try them and see what you like.  I ski my Railflex skis in the +15, but one of the really nice things about them them is the ease of moving them around.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Scott K

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 07:40:57 pm »
What does advancing the binding do?  Does it make the ski initiate the turn faster?

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 07:20:06 am »
I agree with Ron and would add, try this in the warmth and sanctity of your home first so you get a feel for how the binding moves and how much pressure it takes to move it. You do not have to entirely remove the screw, just back far enough so the binding will slide. Once in place, just snug down the screw and keep a quarter in your ski pants.

Moving the binding forward moves your center mass forward which allows more force to be applied to the tips of the skis for turn initiaition with less effort.

When you move the binding forward, if you find the tails are washing out rather than holding the carved line, move them back.

Also, in the back position, on a powder or big narly crud day, the tips will float better.

Let us know what you find with your adjustments.

Best,
Gary