Author Topic: What bindings should I buy for 2008 Monster 78  (Read 496 times)

gandalf

• Administrator
  • <100 Posts
Re: What bindings should I buy for 2008 Monster 78
« on: November 05, 2007, 06:45:09 am »
1)? yes the SLD11 is what I was referring to.
2)? For mounting, I would go somewhere that the techs do a good job (whether they like the bindings or not).? If you are paying them to mount bindings, then they shouldn't care.? I would probably wait and have them mounted at the mountain if you can have that work out logistically.? If they don't sell Tyrolia, they may not have the templates/instructions to mount them.? You might ask the people at Sports Authority and see what they say?
3)? For him, at 5'10" it will be like a slalom footprint (and that may be ok).? My east coast ski is a 165 (Head i.SL Chip) and I'm 5'11 and 200 or so, but I don't believe the iM78 is intended to be skied that short for someone my size.
4)? Freeflex has multiple mounting holes so will accept different boot sizes, but you have to unscrew the bindings from the plate and then screw them down in the new locations.? Not really designed like the railflex, and no selection of +15 or -15 once the bindings are screwed on.
5)? Have the rail mounted according to Head instructions (that way they just use the template and aren't as likely to make a mistake).? You can then adjust forward or whatever you want with the rail yourself.? You can adjust +15mm on the rail, you can adjust even more by connecting the bindings to the rail in an offset fashion.? My guess is that the +15 will be fine, since you are used to Unisex skis and are a pretty powerful skier.? ?If it were me, I would attach the bindings to the rail at +10 so that I could then go forward a little more just to see what I liked.? It's easy to play with.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 09:17:12 am by jim-ratliff »