Author Topic: What bindings should I buy for 2008 Monster 78  (Read 487 times)

dmaizers

Re: What bindings should I buy for 2008 Monster 78
« on: November 02, 2007, 01:15:59 am »
I didn't get to demo the i78, but I did demo last year i82 which were awesome for flying through the crud and cutting up pow but the length I had too long, 172, and heavy for me since I was looking for a 1 ski quiver. I also tried the Wild Thang which was fun but sucked at slow speeds... I have to kids, the Sweet Fat Thang was great for pow but again length was a issue, 156, made me feel like I was on the end of my boots. My husband bought me the K2 Lotta Luvs for Christmas, they were very easy to ski, but they were too squirrelly feeling at higher speeds.  I like to ski the deep but I also like my skis to feel solid if I'm flying to the lift. I also demoed the Elan Speedwave 12, great fun on the groomers, not so great in the pow, Elan Wavemagic, easy to ski but definitely limited on the speed end, Elan magfire 10, which was very stable, but I didn't get a chance to try it in powder... in fact it was the last day so it was sticky snow by 2, but still really liked it. Last but not least I tried the Fischer Vision 76, and if I would have bought a women's ski that would have been it. It was stable enough, quick edge to edge and easy in moguls and powder if you have some old school moves or speed.

So what do I do, on a whim thanks to the recommendations on realskiers.com I buy a pair of skis I have never demoed based on the assumption that these will be more versatile than the Wild Thangs and Sweet Thangs and lighter than the i82 with the demo bindings! Maybe I should get the railflex in case I hate these skis and have to sell them! :) I doubt it, I went from 195 Volkl straight sticks to 180 P40's to Valant 167 Machete Truth (these shredded on the sides, why didn't they extend the metal to the edge??) to the Line 156 Assassin MTX (which by the way are great little fun skis) to this. I'm not really into gear as much as this may sound but with my history you can see it's been about 10 years since I've have the latest and greatest gadgets so I thought I better do some research before I drop the dough. I took my Lotta Luv's back and retired my 12 year old Rossignol Course concrete boots for the Atomic W90. So know that I've spent my kids college fund on my ski equipment :) I thought I should ask some help on bindings since my other ones are bent and flared out something nasty on my Lines. I have my DIN on 9 but I probably don't need it set that high. Another question with the railflex would I be able to share skis with my husband who has a mondo size of 26.5, I have a 24? He seems to think I would want to share... somehow I doubt it! Sorry I rambled on... thanks for your insight and input!