Author Topic: Atomic Race-tech Ti 100 reveiw  (Read 765 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Atomic Race-tech Ti 100 reveiw
« on: October 27, 2006, 07:32:56 am »
This is a very sweet boot!  Materials are very substantial (nice quality) and buckles are top notch. The overall fit is very anatomical. Excellent thin liner- neporene. Excellent adjustability for a plug boot.

FIT: Narrow all over but with plenty of material to grind to fit. Narrow cuff. Good top strap. They run large so don't be afraid to downsize more than you think.

Buckles: all buckles are screwed in and offer adjustablility. The micro-adjustability is outstanding offering a lot of travel for far more adjusting than most boots.  They are a milled buckle and looks and feels solid.

Cuff, its a low cuff which is great for folks who have a high calf on top of thin ankles and shins. This felt a bit strange but after wearing, it was much more comfortable.

Forward lean: its a race boot folks! A simple toe lift fixed that issue.

Side pins: Atomic has two side pins that offer adjustability and allow the smith to remove the cuff for ease of work and added customization. Inside pin is only 3/8 lower than outer pin, so there is little if no rotary affect.

Low volume feel: I had to add this as this boot has a real low volume feel meaning that is feels mich less bulky on your foot, its almost like wearing a hiking boot rather than a clunky boot. It feels much lighter underfoot.

OVerall: this is an incredible boot. The foot to boot feel is amazing, the materials and workmanship is top notch. I can see why Billy kaplan, PJ from race stock and others so strongly recommended it.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Atomic Race-tech Ti 100 reveiw
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 08:51:20 am »
Nice review Ron..but is there room for a Botox injection?

G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 12:35:10 pm »
Not much room for anything in those babies. I can wiggle my toes and rotate my ankles, that's all.

trtaylor

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 01:55:34 pm »
So is this what Billy put you in yesterday? Or are you sticking with the Head RS96?

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 01:57:14 pm »
Hey Tim, I went with the Atomics. They are a much nicer boot overall and most importantly, they fit the best. BILLY ROCKS!

trtaylor

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 02:34:12 pm »
Hey Tim, I went with the Atomics. They are a much nicer boot overall and most importantly, they fit the best. BILLY ROCKS!

I was in Billy's shop on Monday.? He kept my boots, so I will be going back again. It will be interesting to see how we all get along this year.

I am very much looking forward to the upcoming season. It's getting close.

Oh, I meant to ask, did the Atomics require grinding/punching?

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 08:14:03 am »
Yes, I have a kinda strange foot I guess. It doesn't look overly narow but it seems like it compresses quite a bit. Billy is going to "hog" it out a bit around the big toe, and that area and then around the 5th and 6th toe. Other thatn that, it fits very well. The head boot is great boot no doubt about it, thie one just fit better anatomically. I will have to get used to eh shorter cuff but it is more comfortable with the high calf muscle. I think I saw your boots, dalbello's right? Are you goinf to have Billyt make you a footbed? Its really a "good thing" to get them made.

trtaylor

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 06:18:08 pm »
Yes, I have a kinda strange foot I guess. It doesn't look overly narow but it seems like it compresses quite a bit. Billy is going to "hog" it out a bit around the big toe, and that area and then around the 5th and 6th toe. Other thatn that, it fits very well. The head boot is great boot no doubt about it, thie one just fit better anatomically. I will have to get used to eh shorter cuff but it is more comfortable with the high calf muscle. I think I saw your boots, dalbello's right? Are you goinf to have Billyt make you a footbed? Its really a "good thing" to get them made.

Billy made my foot beds last year. I went back for some alignment tweaking, as I can ski on one foot with left ski, but hardly at all with the right. Boots (the Dalbellos) are in there because the left one is banging on my big toe. I think Billy is mostly going to modify the toe of the liner for me. They are quite tight.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 07:03:57 am »
I thought I saw superfeet beds in your boots?  billy is great. he really cares and takes the time to do it right.

trtaylor

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 07:28:33 am »
I thought I saw superfeet beds in your boots?? billy is great. he really cares and takes the time to do it right.

Yes, Superfeet are what he selected to use for me last year.

Primary goal is to get more comfortable. Those boots fit reasonably well (25.5 shell), but on the other hand I could probably do better. Bottomline is, my skiing is probably not being held back by my boots, but more like the guy wearing them.? ;)  Maybe I'll be ready to step up to a better pair of boots next year. But, that should be a a piece of cake, as Billy will know my alignment situation well by then.

Did Billy mention to you that he plans to be available for on-snow assesments this year?

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 12:06:55 pm »
Yeah, that will be awesome! That is so needed. did you get to play on his new balancing machines? Very cool stuff, HH would love to get ahold of them, I'm sure. I hope to see him this week. I was dieing to wear them this weekend.

AndrewR

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 12:34:24 pm »
Who is this Billy that you are raving about and where does he work? I am going to need a new pair of high performance boots for instructing and any advice about who is the best (pref not too far from Keystone) is appreciated.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 07:07:40 am »
Billy Kaplan is located just north of Phili.