Author Topic: Watea's eliminate 82's  (Read 134 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Watea's eliminate 82's
« on: October 23, 2007, 02:41:50 pm »
Hi gang,
I just posted  my first gear stuff on the new blog but I'm putting here too. Hoping you all can get over to the blog ok.

It took me awhile to get on today but finally got there. Here is a copy of that post.

gary said...
Ok Gang, I went to the Ski Company today and asked where my replacement Monster 82's were. They were ordered 8-29-07. They said they were NOW on back order. So, I took a leap of faith. They had a pair of 176 Fischer Watea 84's in stock so I took them instead. Seems like Peter liked the ski too. For what I'm using it for....deeper snow & crud, trees and bumps, it might be as good as or maybe a slight edge over the 82 I'm thinking. Certainly more width better float. Now, I'm having the binding mounted 1 centimeter forward and they are putting my Mojo bindings, (flat mount) on them for me. I think this will give me a bit better control over the front end of the ski. So.....the Watea brothers will have their big boy boards at the Boat. Ron with his 94's and me, my 84's. Hope we have the conditions to put them to the test.
Gary

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Watea's eliminate 82's
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 11:48:32 am »
the 84's were the right move.? for soft snow/pow, you reallly want a much softer ski than the 82. You will be very happy with it. Plus the extra width overall is better.? Good job

the watea brothers!

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Watea's eliminate 82's
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 03:03:28 pm »
WATEA......snow warriers...

Well, I almost done with my new ski prep.....one more coat, brush and buff and then we wait...wait....unti l first snow....first BIG snow.!

G