Author Topic: Thinking about Colorado...  (Read 2431 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Thinking about Colorado...
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 09:11:56 pm »
I wish I had a new review for everyone. My Lotus 138's are still in China I guess. They are quoting an early december delivery date. I only brought one pair of skis, my Head Super Shapes. To be redundant, I can't say enough about these skis. They rock!! They are the best and most fun all mountain carving ski I have ever been on. I think Peter's review pretty much nails it. They did feel much more forgiving to me this year than the few days I skied on them last year. Prehaps this had something to do with the softer snow (or just maybe my technique continues to improve!).

I can also rave about my boots as well (Head RS 96). I have never had edging ability and quickness like this before. I am a huge believer in spending the time and energy to get a plug boot to fit properly (assuming you have a foot that will work for a plug).

Ron, I will say these boots are very stiff in 15 degree temperatures. I know you thought the boot was soft indoors.

BTW, great news for me, my knee was a complete non issue. I wore a brace (which did aid the confidence some as it creates a very stable feeling). I assumed that there would be moments when I would feel some tenderness in the knee but it didn't occur once.
I was blessed with a great doctor and a wonderful recovery.

I will put in a plug for Diana (who I skied with for the three days with two of my friends). She rocks!! There really is nothing better to aid improvement than skiing with Harald or Diana.

I hope you guys get some major Pow on your trip!! JB.