Author Topic: new Foot Beds / orthodic today  (Read 1593 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: new Foot Beds / orthodic today
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2007, 11:44:04 am »
Awesome, I was speaking with Billy, he says he did get ahold of you so all looks good.  I would let Billy fit the boot but my guess is you're better off witha toe plate rather than lowering the zeppa. I am assuming you are trying to get a bit more upright. It sounds like you haven't been to his shop shince he developed all the new toys. You will be blwon away when yo see what he did.

trtaylor

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2007, 11:48:14 am »
Awesome, I was speaking with Billy, he says he did get ahold of you so all looks good.? I would let Billy fit the boot but my guess is you're better off witha toe plate rather than lowering the zeppa. I am assuming you are trying to get a bit more upright. It sounds like you haven't been to his shop shince he developed all the new toys. You will be blwon away when yo see what he did.

No, not trying to get more upright at this point. I just need a little more room for my instep in these boots.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2007, 12:04:34 pm »
The "clod" weather is here but what we need is the COLD weather so we can be skiing here around Thanksgiving.

Tim just as a head up, I know when I was working on getting my Head RS80 to custom fit my foot, I found when I made one change, others occurred....like a different pressure point would show up. With patience and some drumel and sanding work, IT'S A FREAKN' PIECE OF SCULPTURE!

Hey, just let me know when you plan to be in the area and we'll make some runs at the mighty Bristol!

Gary

trtaylor

« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2007, 12:10:50 pm »
The "clod" weather is here but what we need is the COLD weather so we can be skiing here around Thanksgiving.

Tim just as a head up, I know when I was working on getting my Head RS80 to custom fit my foot, I found when I made one change, others occurred....like a different pressure point would show up. With patience and some drumel and sanding work, IT'S A FREAKN' PIECE OF SCULPTURE!

Hey, just let me know when you plan to be in the area and we'll make some runs at the mighty Bristol!

Gary
I fixed my typo.? :)

Thanks.

Tim

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2007, 12:18:07 pm »
LEt us know how it goes with Billy

trtaylor

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2007, 04:34:41 pm »

Was at Billy's shop today to have him fit in my new Dobermann's. Looks like I made a good choice, I aligned well in these boots. Both knees track about 3/8" inside center. With 1 degree of canting both knees track within 1/4" He said leave it until I get on the snow. He's got the shells marked for grinding and is going to modify the liners a bit, too.

Also, he liked the job that Joseph from Northeast Ski Systems (Harb shop) did making my footbeds.

So I can't wait for the season to start.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2007, 01:11:10 pm »
Congrats Tim...you on the way to some "I feel it" skiing this season.

Best,
Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2007, 02:15:03 pm »
Tim, did you like all of Billy's allignment toys?

trtaylor

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2007, 03:39:40 pm »

I picked up my boots from Billy K. Very nicely done and can't wait to get them clicked in and on the snow. The right boot may just be perfect. Feels like I may need a whisker more ground out of the left one. We agreed to ski them as is for now.

My alignment is almost spot on in these boots. Billy says I might end up with 1 degree or so sole canting on my right foot. Left is probably fine as is.

I very excited, I've never had boots like these before.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2007, 06:12:48 am »
Hey Tim....glad to see you've got the "girdle" fit for your tootsies!

Billy's right though, "10 times measure, 1 time cut". Get out and ski them bad boys when your feet are acclimated to the cold and have made 3 plus runs. Believe me, once under load, if there are hot spots, you'll find them.

Just one thought on the canting.....when on the mountain, find a nice flatish green trail. With your right ski flat on the ground and weighted, lift your left heel and back of the left ski off the ground ( or lift the left ski entirely off the ground if you can balance ok) now focus on a large object straight ahead. With your right leg slight flexed start sliding.....you should be able to track straight towards that object WITHOUT using any body English to stay straight on course. Now repeat this with the left leg flat on the snow.

This is an excellent indicator if any further canting is necessary.... A great fine tune adjustment.

Best,
Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2007, 08:54:19 am »
Tim, I saw your boots while I was getting mine back, Nice boots, much more manly than my white and red shells!  My beds are incrdible, corrected a lot of my alligment issues just witht he bed alone. Incredible.  Can't wait to hear that fantastic sound when you push down on your heels. Tha clunk is such a cool sound  Won't be long now.