Author Topic: new Foot Beds / orthodic today  (Read 1605 times)

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
Re: new Foot Beds / orthodic today
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2007, 08:29:25 pm »
Okay, will bring lots of enthusiasm if we can find a walleyball court. Which I don't think will be that easy to find at SB.

I like the enthusiasm you have in thinking that you will the energy to play ANY court game after skiing all day!

Or is that wishful thinking?
"Play it Sam"

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2007, 07:50:57 am »
First let me say that I've always found 3 on 3 very intriguing....

Yep, played Wally ball with 8-10 guys weekly for 10 years and after blasting into  walls, having my finger split, thumb dislocated, ankle and shoulder sprains, I decided a few years back that skiing and golfing were the two sports I wished to play until I was 125.

We played Wallyball on a racquetball court. It's very fast, very intense and a blast to play. Having good "court sense" (knowing where the ball was all the times) was a huge attribute and made for very good players. It's loads of fun but I have to say, having the energy to play after skiing all day might be difficult. Still, it might be fun to loosen up the legs with an energetic game and a soak in the hot tub.

Hmmmmm, should I bring the knee and elbow pads?

Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2007, 08:21:54 am »
First let me say that I've always found 3 on 3 very intriguing....

Coach Cassara, you talking basketball? or whatt....? You make some intriguing comments. Yesterday "safe words", now this???? ?The thought has occurred that you may be more off the wall than me.? ?

Yep, played Wally ball with 8-10 guys weekly for 10 years and after blasting into? walls, having my finger split, thumb dislocated, ankle and shoulder sprains, I decided a few years back that skiing and golfing were the two sports I wished to play until I was 125.
We played Wallyball on a racquetball court. It's very fast, very intense and a blast to play. Having good "court sense" (knowing where the ball was all the times) was a huge attribute and made for very good players.

Yes.? I was making up the part about Kansas growing up.? Court sense and playing with the same guys enough to develop a sense of team.? However, I didn't at all expect that our group would be nearly that competitive or over-achieving or active.? I haven't played in 5 years, and I long ago stopped running into walls. (although Lynn's post yesterday admitted that she still runs into trees).

Ron, where were you when I was learning to ski.  I needed those crash pads for all of the falling I did (and still do to a lesser degree).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 09:09:43 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2007, 09:10:50 am »
Well Jim...Myabe "Bingo" on myself maybe not....

You see the subtle and devious web we weave.

Competitive...well. ....a yea................ ....We had some ripper of games and played some other teams as well. Great fun, great group of guys too.

Ron...your lower body padding would have been a great assitance to my upper body padding.

Nah..if we get together and play....we're talking layed back and fun with loads of laughs. Other Sports Injuries not accetable on a skiing trip.

Gary

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2007, 09:52:47 am »

Nah..if we get together and play....we're talking layed back and fun with loads of laughs. Other Sports Injuries not accetable on a skiing trip.

Gary

I like this philosophy a lot.
On another note, is there ice skating at SB? I was very tempted last year at BC.  Might give into temptation of that sort this year.
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2007, 11:00:18 am »
I just bought the pads for this season. I plan on spending far more time in the trees and more technical areas and I am thinking that a little padding can't be a bad thing. If nothing else, it will keep my butt warm sitting on snow or on the lifts.

trtaylor

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2007, 07:08:20 pm »
Got my new beds made today! My fitter, Billy Kaplan is awesome. As a pedorthic, he is able to create more of an orthodic foot bed than just a bed that is molded to the shape of the foot (especially if your foot is not "perfect").? As he formed the beds, he used his digital allignment tool to help form the beds to correct allignment issues. This will make the final adjustments much easier and provide a better overall fit. Having the foot sit properly in the bed is a better way to approach allignment. I was really suprised on how they felt. I really felt stacked over my ankles, a good knetic chain. He's also intalling my M4 boot heaters ( a problem with plug boots) and we will do final allignment and adjustments. Whhooooo-hooooo baby, let it snow....

Is Billy still using the Superfeet Korks to make his footbeds?

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2007, 08:09:35 pm »
Hello Tim! Fellow Head iC160 skier at elk mtn!
I think you should consider Realskiers 2 gathering at Steamboat this december! The middle-aged, rocking crowd!
Well, as rocking as tired middle aged skiers can be. ;)
Hope to run into you in the lift line again this year.
"Play it Sam"

trtaylor

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2007, 06:15:28 am »
Hello Tim! Fellow Head iC160 skier at elk mtn!
I think you should consider Realskiers 2 gathering at Steamboat this december! The middle-aged, rocking crowd!
Well, as rocking as tired middle aged skiers can be. ;)
Hope to run into you in the lift line again this year.

Hi!

Maybe next year for Steamboat gathering.

And yes, skiing together at Elk again would be great.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2007, 06:52:58 am »
Got my new beds made today! My fitter, Billy Kaplan is awesome. As a pedorthic, he is able to create more of an orthodic foot bed than just a bed that is molded to the shape of the foot (especially if your foot is not "perfect").? As he formed the beds, he used his digital allignment tool to help form the beds to correct allignment issues. This will make the final adjustments much easier and provide a better overall fit. Having the foot sit properly in the bed is a better way to approach allignment. I was really suprised on how they felt. I really felt stacked over my ankles, a good knetic chain. He's also intalling my M4 boot heaters ( a problem with plug boots) and we will do final allignment and adjustments. Whhooooo-hooooo baby, let it snow....

No he is using his own materials. It more like a conformant but its acutally the same stuff he's making orthodics out of. A really nice cover, noeprene material. You know billy, he's got that shop set up like a NASA prooving ground! Even more tools and toys, The beds are so sweet. I can't believe how dialed in I am and we didn't even make final adjustments yet.

trtaylor

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2007, 07:25:29 am »

No he is using his own materials. It more like a conformant but its acutally the same stuff he's making orthodics out of. A really nice cover, noeprene material. You know billy, he's got that shop set up like a NASA prooving ground! Even more tools and toys, The beds are so sweet. I can't believe how dialed in I am and we didn't even make final adjustments yet.

Hmmm...wonder if he'll give me any credit on the Superfeet Korks he made for me? - I've never felt comfortable on them.?

I've got a new pair of Dobermann's that need to be fitted, too. I have an app't with Billy K. on Friday 11/2.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 08:11:31 am by trtaylor »

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2007, 08:00:07 am »
215-760-8226

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2007, 10:46:54 am »
Hey Tim...how the heck are ya. Wish you could join us this year at the Boat.

AND Congrats on a great boot. Guessing you'll be having some grinding and sanding to get it to your foot shape.

Best for a great season and feeling the ski and snow beneath your feet with your new Snow Interface Equipment.

G

trtaylor

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2007, 11:13:46 am »
Hey Tim...how the heck are ya. Wish you could join us this year at the Boat.

AND Congrats on a great boot. Guessing you'll be having some grinding and sanding to get it to your foot shape.

Best for a great season and feeling the ski and snow beneath your feet with your new Snow Interface Equipment.

G
Doing well - where is the cold weather??

The Dobies shouldn't be too bad. Heel and ankle areas seem fine. Forefoot area needs to be made a litle wider and bootboard will probably need lowered a little bit. Can't wait to ski on them.

Still going to try to ski with you at Bristol sometime this year.

Thanks.

TT
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 12:09:39 pm by trtaylor »