Author Topic: new Foot Beds / orthodic today  (Read 1625 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: new Foot Beds / orthodic today
« on: October 12, 2007, 07:22:15 am »
Jim/Lynn, yup, both smartwool light socks and bridgedale utlra lights. :)  Gary too!

I am truly blessed to have a very warm internal furnace!  It's difficult for me to get cold, I wear spring gloves unless it's 10 or so. My feet are normally very warm but these Atomic RT, TI's are wafer thin and have a very thin liner. Gary literally laughed when he felt how thin they are. So, they are just cold boots BUT they fit me perfectly.

Lynn, I am trying to remember which store but I think it was skidepot and they had a 10% additional off for epic bears. I think I paid like $120 for the M4's. Yes, they are much improved over the previous generation, you don't need to drain the battery before recharging and they will last several hours. Some folks posted at Epic they used them on the 2 setting (of 4) in teens and 20's for all day comfort. Supposedly, they will run for 6 hours in near zero temps.

Gary's method works well, It did help and kept my feet pretty warm, if I had normal shell's I think that's all you would need. The only thing is those packets need 02 for them to generate heat so it helps to take them out at lunch or at breaks to get exposed to the air. I think I will still use them on real cold days to supplement the heaters to conserve on battery life.