Author Topic: A puzzling choice...  (Read 2438 times)

dan.boisvert

• 100 Posts
Re: A puzzling choice...
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2012, 08:07:19 pm »
Does that mean the NE PMTS shindig is at Stowe this year?

I was thinking we'd keep it at Sugarbush because that's been working well and seems significantly less expensive than Stowe, but would entertain it as an option if that's what people want to do.  I've heard great things about the place; I just have a hard time swallowing their prices, and don't see them show up on Liftopia much.  If we got a large enough group that discounted tickets became available, I'd certainly look into it.  Time to start recruiting your daughters and all their friends, perhaps? :D

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 08:19:46 am »
Any chance of having it a bit more accessible like at Okemo or Stratton?

G

Liam

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 10:08:37 am »
If you are really going to include those joints you really need to put Mt. Snow in there (more and better glades, more and better bumps and more accessible than either). or Heck, put Magic in there and we'll get the access with cheaper costs and best expert terrain with zero crowds---that said, Northern, VT is the bomb.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2012, 11:08:16 am »
Maybe Berkshire East?
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2012, 11:34:10 am »
Bershire or Magic are both about 5 hours drivetime from me...pretty straight forward driving too.

If the times work out... I could make either resort.

Got my vote....

G

ToddW

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2012, 04:53:31 pm »
If we move too far south, we'll lose the Maine contingent.  Pico was a hardship for them the first year.  I've enjoyed Sugarbush and wouldn't mind going again.

dan.boisvert

• 100 Posts
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »
Southern VT is more accessible to those of us coming from the south (myself included), but there were a few reasons we went to northern VT after the first year at Pico, which still seem to be in play:

1) We have people coming from the north too, so I attempt to balance driving distances from all over the place.
2) We have people coming from quite far away and, as much as I like Berkshire East and love Magic, if people drive 15 hours to attend, I want to make sure we've got plenty of terrain for them, no matter what level they're at.
3) There's a bit more snow surety further north, and I'll take every bit we can get for an event scheduled so far in advance.

If our attendee list changed significantly, I'd reevaluate the driving distances, which could open up other resorts.  Every year, I ask the folks who attend what we can change to make things better.  If people started saying "can we go somewhere else?", I'd be happy to oblige.

Any interest in carpooling, Gary?  If our days & times line up, I'd be happy to meet you somewhere around Hartford, and you're welcome to pile in with me from there.

meput

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 07:58:58 pm »
I travel to get together with the skiers. If I was concerned about the quality of the mountain, I wouldn't go. If the group wants to go back to southern Vt, I will go. Travel time to Pico was similar to Sugarbush. It has been about 50 years since I skied Stratton, might be fun. Would northern Vt or NH entice some of our Canadian colleagues?