Author Topic: Krypton Pro boots  (Read 4296 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Krypton Pro boots
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 08:18:14 am »
I am still leery of this style of boot, but we'll see, I might pull the trigger on them.

....and from patrol I spend a lot of time walking up the hill and through the woods so these new Dalbello designs are, at least on paper, appealing

Considering that you do a lot of this kind of hiking, don't you think that the advantages of a Krypton boot would outweigh some of the drawbacks?  Smooth, long and progressive flex; no shell deformation on flexing....that kind of thing.  And perhaps those few drawbacks could be easily fixed -- comfort (good bootfitter); stiffer flex (stiffer tongue and/or spine widgets) -- so that the Krypton is just a better boot for you all around.   Just think, you could have happy feet, just like Josh  ;D

BTW, I have put my own search for boots on the back burner.  My try-ons in the spring were discouraging, but also made my present Infernos look pretty good.  Several of the 98mm / 130 flex models were significantly softer (at least in the shop) than my Inferno 110's.  Nordica Girish and Tecnica Bodacious, specifically.  The latter had a shell that just crumpled on flexing, and offered what seemed to be almost no support.  I think BW commented on this before.  The others that I tried were either about the same flex as my Infernos, or if stiffer, were a poor fit match.  I did not find a Krypton, but want to try the new Pro model some time this winter.  In the meantime, I had the inside ankle bone area punched out on my boots, which should make my feet sit better in the shell (better edging, I hope).  And I have ordered some triple-ply Booster straps to try out and see what they will do to the Inferno's flex and stiffness.  Basically trying to make the best of what I've got, which turns out to be a pretty decent boot after all.  Should be an interesting start to the season, to see if the tweaks work....

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:22:22 am by Svend »