Author Topic: Fischer Motive 84  (Read 1694 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Fischer Motive 84
« on: October 14, 2010, 08:21:18 am »
Mike, this year for sure I will get to demo an array of Kastle skis. Phil will set me up on a few different ones in Tahoe and I am in contact with the western US rep and I am working on a demo day at my home mountain in MT. I was readng something that someone said on Epic and it went something like this: "you can certainly still put wide skis on edge, but with wide skis getting them from one edge to the other is like watching paint dry". I really enjoyed that comment. Typically the 88 waisted skis I have been on have just been a little to slow edge to edge. The Head Peak 88 and the IM 88 both fit into that category, and they're both wonderful skis. I do think there are other skis in thhe Kastle lineup that will better fit into my quiver and better suit my needs and wants as a skier (MX78, MX98 and maybe the 108). Still there are so many rave reviews of the 88, it is very high on my list to demo. I'm sure it s a great ski, it may not be what I am looking for.

I obviouly have not skied the Motive. All my comments were based on the way they felt in the shop. I am reasonabl;y confident that it will have better hard snow performance than the Sultan 85 because it is quite a bit stiffer that the Sultan (there were side by side in the shop). I guess Fischer skis have not sold well, but I have always loved Fischer skis (along with Head). I always love the flex pattern. I know I will ski this ski over the Holiday in December. I will come back with my thoughts. Thanks for the review.