Author Topic: Re: New Approach to Binding Mount position; split from Stockli Laser SX review.  (Read 3363 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Svend - As noted in your correction, binding delta and boot ramp angles clearly impact fore/aft balance.  It's a system; boots, bindings, and skis work together and if any one of those elements are not matched well to the skier then the performance will suffer. 

Quite so.  I'm glad I thought to revisit my review of the Stormriders and correct that statement, as the setup with the riser plates under the toe pieces of the bindings was certainly unconventional.  If I recall, they were close to 1 cm thick.  Not sure what the rationale was behind that in the context of the skier/owner of the Stockli's, but there must have been a good reason for it based on his stance or anatomy.  All I know is, that it certainly did not agree with me, and the owner of those brand new skis seemed to feel the same.  He was fighting them all day. 

I recall some discussion here about reducing binding ramp in order to push the hips forward; a rather counter-intuitive thing.  Well, if that's the solution, I can't say much for it.  The combination of reduced ramp and BoF/CRS mount point was a failure in my estimation.  If nothing else, this reinforces your point that stance does have an effect on mounting point.