Author Topic: Salomon X-Wing Fury 2008  (Read 585 times)

Skimat

Salomon X-Wing Fury 2008
« on: December 17, 2007, 07:54:31 pm »
I purchased this ski in the 177 length at the recommendation of my friend who is the manager of a ski shop in the Northeast to be use for trips out west and on powder days in the east. I am 5 ft 11 inches and 180 lbs.  I used these skis this past weekend at Mount Snow after and during some significant snow fall.  I was surprised at how easily and how quickly these skis turned for a ski that is 85 mm underfoot and yet the ski is a freight train. It loves speed and carves a smooth and clean  arc on groomers it just takes a little wider stance to set them on edge.  It also has decent float in powder.  I would not recommend these skis on hard packed snow (what we in the east call packed powder and what they call ice out west) or in hard moguls but that is not what they are made for.  They had a demo day so I tried the Volkl Tiger Shark 12ft and liked the Fury much better. The Tiger Shark would be a better choice for New England skiing only but was not nearly as smooth or stable as the Fury in the crud or cut up snow and I liked the the Fury better on the soft groomers, it just makes a really nice, smooth arc and does not shy away from speed. If you live out west and are looking for one ski that does it all and is fun to ski, try the Fury.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

HONDACRV

Re: Salomon X-Wing Fury 2008
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 09:04:51 am »
Thanks for the info. I have last years 172 length. I tried them last week, one day on soft packed snow and the next day they opened the backside, so I got 3 runs on knee deep powder before it was cut up.
I got these for powder & crud days and they work great. As you mentioned they will carve a nice turn on soft hard pack and very forgiving.
My other skis are 66 & 77 waist and just to much work in soft crud, these are much more fun in cut up snow.
My weight 175, 6' 4".
I would love to try those tigersharks on some nice fresh cord, mid week.
Cheers