Author Topic: Hart Pulse - Better late than never  (Read 3867 times)

Alpinord

• <100 Posts
    • SlideWright Gear Tools & Wares
Re: Hart Pulse - Better late than never
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 07:55:31 pm »
Please share how you modified your base structure. I've considered modifying the bases of the skis I will take to Big Sky next week. What is LF? Presume it's a floride? And yes, let us know how it worked out.

LF = Low Fluoro. I just ran my Structuring Plane w/coarse stone over the the base a few times, followed by the steel blade.

Here's the SkiVisions Base Flattener & Structuring Plane instructions and videos: http://www.slidewright.com/weblog/ski-snowboard/bases-ski-snowboard/base-flattener-structuring-plane/

It was a mixed bag today. It was in the 50's, intense sun and like skiing in summertime, not springtime. The wet corn and packed groomers were fast. The mankey transforming, untracked snow was grippy as was plowing into sloppy crud bumps. I might try a more aggressive structure after the next storm.

The move back from the +2 position was a regression and now playing with small increments around +2 is next.

Another option I think will be fun to mess with on the Pulses is a radial base bevel after getting more miles and locked into a boot location.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:21:59 pm by Alpinord »