Author Topic: back from the dead - just saying Hi  (Read 1040 times)

ToddW

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: back from the dead - just saying Hi
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 08:21:16 am »
Gary,

How did you settle on mounting +3cm?  Just curious what path you followed to get there.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 01:32:44 pm »
Hey Todd...

I know your question is regards to my Rev's and not the ones Perry is buying (Rev 85's) ....I purchased the 105's in the 181 length. .....and here was my path.

Over the years I've found for me, the way I ski, what and where I ski, ( height 5'7", weight 148lbs) and more typically on Austrian made skis, I need to be more forward than the factory mounting.

So, when I had my Marker Scizo's mounted to the Rev 105's, I had them mounted at plus 1 to begin with. The Scizo binding allows plus and minus 3 centimeters. Next...head for the mountain,

With trusty screwdriver in pocket, I went out and started skiing the ski with all different turn shapes and speeds.  If I found I had to apply to excessive forward pressure to engage the shovels (my shins  taking a beating) I'd move the binding forward usually a few mm....little steps. If I find the tails start to wash out....I'm to far forward.  This has paid off in positive results on snow.....My Rev 105s are spot on balanced for me in all the conditions to date I have had them in. Skied them with Mike at Holimont in 7" or so of pow and crud....carve, float they felt perfect.

Hope this helps....G

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:35:05 pm by Gary »

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 01:37:14 pm »
pulled the trigger on the REV 85 pro at 184cm and shipped them to Steamboat so I will only have to lug them on the way home.  $500 with bindings  ;D

I'll let you know how they ski.

Gary gave me great reviews from a friend he put on these.
Perry:
Congratulations.  Give us a report once you get some snow time on them.  Sounds like you made a good decision.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:00:46 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 02:09:10 pm »
Perry...congrats... ..I know this is going to be your one quiver do it all ski especially out west.

I just put a friend of mine who is 6'1, 195lbs intermediate skier on that ski (Perry skis at a much higher level) and in a pair of Lange RS110's. I skied with him on Saturday and he was in 7th Heaven. We had a 4"pow drop and the conditions varied from untracked to pushed around soft piles to scraped off in between. He was coming off a pair of 172 Blizzards...now skiing the Rev 85 in the 184 length and the length was not even an issue. This ski is very user friendly and versatile. We did stop along the way and moved the binding up a couple of mm forward and he was baffled how that minor change had such a significant feel on snow. He left the mountain with a happy face! WHEW!

Can't wait to hear your on snow report P....Steamboats been getting amazing snow...hope it drops big time for you too.

Best, G