Author Topic: How 'we' do it...  (Read 479 times)

HeluvaSkier

• Consider me the reason you should pay attention...
  • Instructor
  • 100 Posts
How 'we' do it...
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:29:16 am »
Cheers.

All-Mountain: A common descriptive term for boots or skis that are designed to perform equally poorly under a variety of conditions and over many different types of terrain.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ToddW

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: How 'we' do it...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:45:40 am »
I see.  So basically y'all leave your upper body quiet and send your feet into a wider path diverging from your COM's path while doing turn-shape appropriate ILS.  It looks nice, but how do you guys ski in control?

I'd offer a full MA, but I just don't know your intent in making those turns.

Liam

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 04:47:40 am »
Looks great....of course.

I was watching the UMASS racers (they train at Berkshire East) last week during my pro shift.  Your video reminds e of the sort of turns they lay down while free skiing to the practice course.  I'm always impressed with the power and grace of dedicated older racers.

Nice.  I've been working on gs turns a lot with the firmer, great carving conditions that set in about a week ago around here.  I realize that I need to think more about acquiring that no swing pole plant as right now my hands/ poles aren't really entering the equation in my bigger arcs.  I've been using a older generation rossi race GS ski (21m turn) that has been lent to me---feels great.

How is the race team this season at Holimont?  The Team at B'East has gotten huge, and the top kids are doing really well-we have a great crew of dedicated coaches and club parents that turn out some truly high-quality skiing.  If all the kids at Holimont aspire to ski like you, I'd assume your program would have similar high quality results.

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:42:23 pm »
OK, what's this British Royalty "we" stuff? Just who is we, although your skiing looks so close to Harald's.

Back to reality, a really nice turn!

HeluvaSkier

• Instructor
  • 100 Posts
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 06:38:34 pm »
How is the race team this season at Holimont? ...  If all the kids at Holimont aspire to ski like you, I'd assume your program would have similar high quality results.

I'm not currently involved with the HM program although I may guest coach a bit this year and look for ways to get involved in a certain capacity. We do have two strong U16 racers, brother and sister, that are killing the fields, but I can take no credit for their success (very dedicated parents). The rest of the program is still very much entrenched in traditional race program teaching, so any high quality results are purely due to the talent of the athletes, not necessarily what they are being taught.
All-Mountain: A common descriptive term for boots or skis that are designed to perform equally poorly under a variety of conditions and over many different types of terrain.

HeluvaSkier

• Instructor
  • 100 Posts
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 06:43:08 pm »
OK, what's this British Royalty "we" stuff? Just who is we, although your skiing looks so close to Harald's.

Who we is, is up for your interpretation.  :P

Back to reality, a really nice turn!

Thank you. See you in a few days.