Author Topic: Ejected 112  (Read 1856 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Ejected 112
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013, 03:54:25 pm »
Mom's P8's seem like they would be a pretty long ski for a 14 year old.  Impressive that she likes them that well.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2013, 05:06:53 pm »
Mom's P8's seem like they would be a pretty long ski for a 14 year old.  Impressive that she likes them that well.

Not really too long -- she is only about 1" shorter than her Mom, and only 5 to 10 lbs lighter.  The skis are 160's, which is actually a tad too short for my wife, but served her well for a super-fun short turn snappy little carver; sort of a light ersatz slalom ski.  Our daughter, as you know, has been skiing on 159 cm Fischer twins for the past 2 seasons, with no troubles handling them.  She tried the Progressors last season, but she was much shorter and lighter then, at about 110 lbs, so the length and stiffness of the P-8's kind of knocked her about quite a bit.  This year she is having no such trouble, and is blasting through cut up snow and crud without a hiccup. 

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:08:24 pm by Svend »

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2013, 07:14:14 pm »
Disclaimer

As many on the board will probably guess, most of the skis in my pile of skis are "inactive'.
Especially the Volant Powercarves up in the attic.
Those are earmarked for the swing door  of my ski fence. :P

The iC's are used by female family members who ski 1-2x/year.

Currently, I consider my active skis the P-8's and hopefully, the Isis.
No conditions to give them a work out in last year.
I found them heavy and hard work on the groomers last year.
They are beautiful, but the jury is still out, considering the verdict, on these.

"Play it Sam"

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2013, 08:04:22 pm »
She tried the Progressors last season, but she was much shorter and lighter then, at about 110 lbs, so the length and stiffness of the P-8's kind of knocked her about quite a bit.  This year she is having no such trouble, and is blasting through cut up snow and crud without a hiccup.
That must be even more gratifying for her, she can now handle the skis that were a handful last year. Awesome, Pop.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2013, 07:42:59 am »
Yeah, she's pretty proud of it.   8)  Even though a teen, she's still like a little kid at times...."Did ya see me, Dad? Did ya see me carve that trench in the snow? Did ya?" Hilarious! She's actually creating some nice angles, dropping her hips, upper body still...sweet carving, albeit to my admittedly untrained eyes.